Brexit problem with insurance

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Old Bill

Brexit problem with insurance

Post by Old Bill »

Up to now, our house in France has been insured with Towergate in London. When I called Towergate to ask why they hadn't sent a renewal reminder, they said that in the event of a no-deal Brexit, they would no longer be able to insure us, and they were waiting to see what would happen.

Since our present policy will expire on 14th April, that isn't very reassuring. Has anyone else had the same problem? Can anyone recommend a non-British insurer?
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

In our experience insurance in France is poor value compared to the UK; the market is largely sewn-up by the big boys, who seem to fix the level of cover and the premiums to a common standard.

In that situation a broker is often the best way through the maze and we have had a positive experience with Nick Chubb at ASTTRAL. (He's English and fairly local to us both as a side benefit, so you could probably have a face-to-face if you want.)

Email: nchubb@asttral.com

Good luck (I'll also send you a pm)
Mols
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
Old Bill

Post by Old Bill »

Thanks very much Mols, this is very helpful.

Best wishes, Bill
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

No problem, Old Bill, I've sent you a further pm by the way.

Mols
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.