Fire, misuse leading to extra cleaning..

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
gardenboy

Post by gardenboy »

I have a woodburner in my rental villa. I hide the wood, and anything else that guests can use to start a fire. The odd guest buys their own wood and has a fire but I do not encourage it.

They never ask, I don't advertise it so if someone wants to use it it is their responsibility. Too much risk, although i have carbon monoxide and smoke detectors.

I once had someone use it and not clean it, the glass was filthy. I think I deducted 50 gbp for extra cleaning.
Barney

Post by Barney »

Depending on season we sometimes light a fire for their arrival and leave a couple of logs to top it up with. We leave logs, kindling in a store room, an honesty box and ask them to pay a fiver per sack. Since doing this 90% of guests have used the facility which has boosted our income albeit by a tiny amount.
Prior to the honesty box system guests were told they could contact us if they wanted to buy some logs and only one set of guests did so.