Keeping TV, freesat box, dvd free from dust

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
SPJ

Keeping TV, freesat box, dvd free from dust

Post by SPJ »

Our gite is lime rendered, which means it sheds dust all the time. I can cope with it in most places, but despair of the black shiny finish of the TV, freesat box, dvd box, which acts like a magnet for the dust. Anyone any recommendations please for what to use to clean / polish these black surfaces so that they remain gleaming and dust free for more than 5 minutes. Thanks.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

It’s the static from them that’s the problem. It attracts the dust whatever your property is made of.

Would be interested to hear if anyone has a solution.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

You used to be able to buy anti-static spray for hi-fi and computers; I don't know if you still can, but Amazon sell anti-static polish for glossy black furniture, have a look there.

Mols
Last edited by Moliere on Thu May 09, 2019 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
LotBoy47

Post by LotBoy47 »

I’m afraid that zebedee is correct.

All electrical appliances have generate a positive charge which attracts dust. The only way to keep the dust from being attracted to your AV kit is to have something in the room which is an even better dust “magnet”.

There’s a number of air purifiers which claim to be very useful at removing dust and other allergens from the air inside of a building, but I haven’t used one myself.