Shift in ABB Clientele??

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Stewart

Shift in ABB Clientele??

Post by Stewart »

Have been using them for three years with no probs. This year several bookings are for one person which turn out to be more when politely asked to confirm. We charge a small supplement above one person so there is a financial implication. (Whether you like that or not it is a bona fide feature on the ABB site).

Even if there wasn't it is either negligent or impolite on the purchaser's part IMO.

Are people chancing it?
CSE

Post by CSE »

Chancing or stupid.
It is lazy way to reserve with just ticking the first box.
Oh it is not just AirBnB clients. We do not list on it but other sites have the same issue.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Sanchisimo

Post by Sanchisimo »

I've done it by accident. We are a couple and I think I subconsciously assumed the default was two people as people travelling on their own are far rarer. If you try booking somewhere on other booking sites, the default is always two people. Also, if booking a holiday let I assume it's for the number of people the property sleeps.

Don't forget when people are searching for somewhere to stay they may be using a whole host of sites to compare and (I must confess) spend ages searching.