Syncing calendars

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Quiterio

Syncing calendars

Post by Quiterio »

I'm very confused by this topic, and hope somebody can help.
I've been using the PIMS Free calendar for a number of years, and it works nicely with my website. I can also import it into Holidu which is now handling most of my bookings. However, it appears that you can only export the PIMS calendar, and not import anything into it. So I can't import the Holidu calendar into PIMS, and have to manually enter the Holidu bookings so that they show up on my website. This means that these bookings also show up again in my Holidu calendar (on their website) as duplicate entries, as if they've been double-booked!

I've been looking at the Bookingmood calendar, and thought that this might solve the problem, because I can import both the Holidu calendar and the PIMS calendar into Bookingmood. But when I try and insert the Bookingmood calendar in my website, nothing shows up. It's as if there's not enough HTML code to set up a formatted calendar - it's only a link for the data, if there's a calendar already there. Maybe there's a way to set up the code for the PIMS calendar in the website and then import the Bookingmood calendar (which would then contain data from both PIMS and Holidu), but I can't see it.
Quiterio

Re: Syncing calendars

Post by Quiterio »

Magically, Adriaan from Bookingmood came up with the answer, having noted that I had begun a free trial.

Bookingmood allows you to create a widgit that you can drop into your website. Unlike PIMS, the Bookingmood calendar contains both entries that I have made myself, and those imported from other websites. So my website calendar will now update automatically, and I don't have to worry so much about double bookings. (Not that I offer instant booking on my website, but I don't want to receive enquiries for time periods that have already been taken). The only downside is that it costs 9$ per month, but I think it will be worth it.