Cluckstay/Rental Systems Pushy Chasing

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Cluckstay/Rental Systems Pushy Chasing

Post by Sam V »

I've had quite a few bookings over the past couple of years with Rental Systems/Cluckstay but today they really got my back up.

While out trying to buy a plumbing part for a new dishwasher, having moved house, feeling a bit stressed as I'd paid to have it plumbed in on delivery. I get a call from the to 'could you kindly log into your account and accept or decline a booking'

I asked when this enquiry came through. 'about an hour ago, we do like our customers to get a quick response'

I replied I was actually a bit busy at the moment and I'd log into my account when I can, etc, I must admit I was a bit curt too.
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

Cluckstay :lol:
Looks like Cluckstay are very much on the ball. I have never tried them, but I am wondering if they charge guests a "service fee", like 15% on top of the rent, as do HomeAway, etc.? If they do, they are very shy about disclosing it, having done a test with a property on their site.

I hope you found your plumbing part, Sam.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

Cluckstay :lol:
Looks like Cluckstay are very much on the ball. I have never tried them, but I am wondering if they charge guests a "service fee", like 15% on top of the rent, as do HomeAway, etc.? If they do, they are very shy about disclosing it, having done a test with a property on their site.

I hope you found your plumbing part, Sam.
leon

Post by leon »

How does Cluckstay work? No indication on their website. Is it commission? subscription? How much?
Thanks!
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

It says this on the website.
Ps the only property near me in their site seems vastly over priced
Earn money by becoming a Clickstay affiliate
Refer a renter and receive 25% of our commission for each booking. Recruit a holiday home owner and get 25% of our commission for any bookings the owner receives in their first year.

For example, mention us to your readers on your travel blog or website, and any resulting bookings will earn you a commission.
leon

Post by leon »

Thank you.
So, we don't know what their commission is.