Advise please B and B related.

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Happy Days

Advise please B and B related.

Post by Happy Days »

We have received a text message from Expedia saying they will be in our area and if we are interested in joining them. Can anyone advise what their commission is ? . Not interested if it is higher than b dot com.
We have not responded to their message.

We are very small B and B.
Thank you in advance :(
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

We were approached by them last year, so I spoke to a fellow B&B owner who was signed up with them. She told me they wanted to ditch Expedia: only 10 bookings in 2 years, a lot of commission (she didn't say how much but more than bc) and a very clunky, difficult to use system. We decided not to go with them and tbh, having looked into it further, it looks like Expedia is on the way out.
Happy Days

Post by Happy Days »

Thank you for your reply and advice. I have the same feeling,we are very small business and surprised they got in touch.
Bookings are difficult this year but we have had a late surge for August so we might do well.

I think I will ignore as we don’t need the hassle.
Thank you 😊
yer tis

Post by yer tis »

I joined Expedia this year and so far only 3 bookings, but the commission is now the same as bdotcom, previously it was 18% now 15%.
Also very slow this year with bookings.
Sue
Happy Days

Post by Happy Days »

Hi yer ‘tis
Thanks for info, I agree bookings are slow, and more people arrive thinking the booking is already paid for. This is difficult as we say goodbye and thank you we have to ask for payment. We now have credit card facilities which are and extra cost.

It’s now middle of the season here so I think we will stay as we are for now.

Hope your having a good season. It’s too hot here this week so we have closed for 3 nights before our next reservation hopefully it will be cool by the weekend :oops: :oops: