Booking.Com Again

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
apexblue

Booking.Com Again

Post by apexblue »

Still await payment from BC for March stay. Numerous calls saying had to wait 3 months as on virtual card. Still no payment.

Have you had same problem?
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I found this in my extranet
What's a virtual credit card and how does it work?
Virtual credit cards (VCCs) are digital MasterCards that allow for easy and secure online payments. For every booking you receive, we’ll send a new one. Each VCC can only be used once (one card per booking). Each VCC has a unique card number, expiration date, and CVC, which are never reused. It also has an activation date, which depends on your property’s booking policy.

For non-refundable reservations, you can charge the VCC as soon as you receive it. For bookings made with flexible policies, the activation date will be your guest’s check-in date. This way you’ll be able to charge the VCC from that point forward.

How do I charge a virtual credit card?
To charge a virtual credit card for a reservation that was paid for online, go to the Reservations tab on the Extranet. Search for the reservation that corresponds to the card you received, then click the reservation number. In the Reservations details page, the Guest payment overview shows you the info you’ll need in order to charge the virtual credit card. This includes the card number, holder, activation date, and available balance.
[/quote]
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

Hells Bells wrote:I found this in my extranet
What's a virtual credit card and how does it work?
Virtual credit cards (VCCs) are digital MasterCards that allow for easy and secure online payments. For every booking you receive, we’ll send a new one. Each VCC can only be used once (one card per booking). Each VCC has a unique card number, expiration date, and CVC, which are never reused. It also has an activation date, which depends on your property’s booking policy.

For non-refundable reservations, you can charge the VCC as soon as you receive it. For bookings made with flexible policies, the activation date will be your guest’s check-in date. This way you’ll be able to charge the VCC from that point forward.

How do I charge a virtual credit card?
To charge a virtual credit card for a reservation that was paid for online, go to the Reservations tab on the Extranet. Search for the reservation that corresponds to the card you received, then click the reservation number. In the Reservations details page, the Guest payment overview shows you the info you’ll need in order to charge the virtual credit card. This includes the card number, holder, activation date, and available balance.
[/quote]

I've taken payment many times with the VC. I charge it straight away as my terms on B.C are always non refundable.

Being non refundable cuts out all the time wasters who book a couple of properties and then decide at the last minute which ones they want to use.
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

The problem is we can't access the VC to take payment. BC say if not claimed they will keep payment!!! No joy with calls and today on hold for 10 minutes. Best way of contacting BC ?
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I usually find a message through the extranet works better. They usually call back quite quickly.
Frenchlady

Post by Frenchlady »

I agree with Hells Bells I always send a message via the Extranet and to be fair they often call back the same day. Good Luck. Nothing worse than not getting paid what you are due.
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

I think we all know, but this email from booking.com confirms it. I booked a place through booking.com, which was uninhabitable, but booking.com are refusing to have anything to do with a refund.

My experience with airbnb is that they are much more active in this area.

Quote:

Hi Nigel, if you experience any issues during your stay, our customer service team can look into this and reach out to the accommodation on your behalf.
As both the reservation and the payment are between the guest and the accommodation, and not with Booking.com, any compensation or refund you request should also come from them. Booking.com only acts as a mediator between the guest and the accommodation.