Acting as insurance

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
apexblue

Acting as insurance

Post by apexblue »

2 last minute bookings asking for full refunds.

Feel guilty but our terms are if relet we will refund difference.

We state on intro email about insurance but they don't have it.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Yes, these situations do make you feel uncomfortable and as though you are being hard. You have my sympathy.

To help you feel better, perhaps consider the following.
It is strange that they are last minute bookings - surely any family illness etc would have been known about at the time of booking?? Maybe they just changed their mind about where they wanted to go?

Travel Insurance is so readily available these days as part of bank accounts, it shouldn’t be something anyone has a problem obtaining for very little outlay. The comparison sites can offer travel insurance in the UK for about £10 (last time I looked)
Also, if they had walked into a high street travel agent and booked a package holiday, would they then get a full refund? Absolutely not.
farley

Post by farley »

Agree 100% with Zebedee.
Couldn’t have put it better myself.
Lauraandben

Post by Lauraandben »

Absolutely don't feel guilty - I have been on the other side of this as the customer. I dont bother getting holiday insurance for UK stays - but that is why if i have to cancel at the last minute ( my son has CP so we often have to change plans last minute), then that is my tough luck - i would never ask for a refund. It would be lovely to receive one if they rented out again, but i wouldn't be expecting to get one!!