Emma De Leon

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
zebedee

Emma De Leon

Post by zebedee »

Emma De Leon
Anyone had an email from this person. It wasn’t sent out to multiple recipients but does have the flexibility clause in it.
The email address it is sent from does not reflect the name of the sender.
Not sure about this one.. any thoughts!
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Here is the email.
Hello, I am writing to find out if you have availability in for a one week stay for me and my wife from the 27th September to the 4th October 2019. We are visiting just for a holiday and we are very interested in staying in your accommodation for that period. Please reply with the details of your availability and rates. We are a bit flexible with our dates so if you do not have the exact dates, please send the dates you have around that period. I await your response. Many thanks Emma
GRL

Post by GRL »

Couple of points might alert me:

Just says Hello - no name
Says your accommodation ie very general.

I certainly have emails that don't reflect my name. If they are a retired couple they may be genuinely flexible with dates - I would reply but not be completely surprised of it came back as a scammy one. Can you reply from another email address used only for such instances?
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

I think "accommodation" and "flexible with our dates" are phrases learned in scam school.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

AndrewH wrote:I think "accommodation" and "flexible with our dates" are phrases learned in scam school.
+1

The wording screams scam, the disparity between from address and sender confirms it.
Bin.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Many thanks for your replies, I will go with your wisdom.
ronsat

Post by ronsat »

I just received the following from our friend Emma Deleon. Strangely, it came to my personal email - which we don't use for bookings. We just ignored it.

Cher Monsieur / Ma Je vous écris pour vous demander si vous avez des disponibilités dans votre logement pendant 3 semaines du 1er mai au 22 mai 2020 pour moi et mon partenaire. Veuillez m'envoyer les informations sur le coût et votre disponibilité pour cette période ou si vous avez quelque chose près de cette période car mon emploi du temps est un peu flexible et peut changer les dates. Au plaisir de vous lire bientôt. Merci Emma. Dear Sir/Ma I am writing to enquire if you have any availability in your accommodation for 3 weeks from the 1st May to the 22nd May 2020 for me and my partner. Please send me the information of the cost and your availability for that period or if you have anything close to that period as my schedule is a bit flexible and am able to change dates. Hope to read from you soon. Thanks Emma.
We are Canadians who love spending time in Languedoc.
http://www.languedocvacationhome.ca
LotBoy47

Post by LotBoy47 »

It does have all the hallmarks of a scam.

My top tip is to open these scam emails using an iOS device as 99% of the unpleasant things that can be hidden in email attachments are intended to work on Windows systems.