We have a situation

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

So long as your terms and conditions support the stance, I would agree with the “bring it on” stance.
I’m pretty sure you are shrewd enough to have a decent set of t&cs.

I would like to see them try and explain how a dog owned by a locksmith would make them cancel a holiday.
Do you have legal assistance in your insurance cover? If so, tell them you will be delighted to sue them if they tell any lies whatsoever.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Don't be bullied by these people. I don't think they've a legal leg to stand on.

They booked, they had a lock problem, you quickly called a locksmith, problem sorted. They didn't like the dog of locksmith but I assume the dog left with its owner..
You provided accommodation which I can imagine is as described in your advertisement.

Clients changed their minds and are looking to make a quick buck.
Fleur
farley

Post by farley »

Agree 10% with advice given. Fleur sums up my thoughts exactly.
I’d be interested in what abb are saying regarding these troublesome guests.
Hope you sort this soon Apexblue.
farley

Post by farley »

Oops 100% 😄
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

The booking was made via Air bnb who have already paid you ?presumably.

My feeling is that guests must complain to Air bnb and ask for a refund if they feel they're owed one. The guests didn't pay you direct. Also your agreement with Air bnb is a Strict cancellation so that is surely cut and dried. Guests cancelled once they'd arrived, not you.

If the guests continue to hassle you tell them to take the matter up with Air bnb.

They can leave a bad review but you as the owner should leave your review and you still have the right to reply to theirs .
Fleur
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

One star review as promised to which we responded. Now the see you in court threat. Out of ABB hands as we have payment.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

I still can't see that they've any ground to stand on in court.

Hopefully you've been able to make a good and carefully considered reply to their 1 star review.

I think if theirs appears amongst your other good reviews future guests will hopefully read your reply and ignore the bad one.

Bon courage
Fleur
Lauraandben

Post by Lauraandben »

This is so ridiculous of them - the locksmith wasnt going to be a problem in any way to their stay once he had left - he isnt part of your holiday home / or dealing with yourself. If they had had the problem outside the local shop, would they still drag you into this?!

I hate the term Snowflakes - but that is exactly what they are. goodness!
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

To conclude the family were a certain religious group who we think felt exposed in the location. They were refunded the days we relet, left a 1 star review but no court action as threatened.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

Apexblue thank you for letting us know how this situation ended.
Fleur