Googlemaps verification for villas without post (rural)

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
cleanforum

Googlemaps verification for villas without post (rural)

Post by cleanforum »

I wonder if anyone has experience with this. My villa is on Googlemaps and I have a number of reviews etc.

I have never been able however, to have Google verify my business as the villa itself is in a rural location and so the address listed in Googlemaps is not valid for sending their "Verification Code".

Has anyone been able to get around this??

I think it is important to be verified as that seems the only way that we can control or at least respond to google maps listing problems, like for example false or malicious reviews.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

Actually I have a better one;
https://support.google.com/business/con ... c2c_l?rd=3

Just one problem, the call back just leaves you left waiting with music for hours...seems no-one is home at the googleplex.....maybe will try again in September?
MichelleB

Post by MichelleB »

I've requested a 'verification code' to be sent by mail four times now and still nothing. We are rural but other businesses in same location are on there..
We're all mature, until someone pulls out bubble wrap!
Sunbeam

Post by Sunbeam »

We were able to do this using our post box number - which is our postal address (we are also rural, without postal delivery service) - it was quite a few years ago now - so maybe not so easy nowadays
Vera

Post by Vera »

We managed it as well, took a few attempts, we used our real address and asked the local post office to hold it for us. We normally used a post box address.
Being on google maps makes it so easy for guests to find us although sat navs don't find us and some guests try to use them despite us telling them not to!