Spain-Holiday new pricing structure

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Marks

Spain-Holiday new pricing structure

Post by Marks »

Just happened to stumble on this:

Basic: 245€ +IVA. 12 months or 50 enquiries

Plus: 549€ +IVA. 12 months or 150 enquiries

Premium: 999€ +IVA. 12 months or 200 enquiries

"When the maximum number of enquiries has been reached or the 12 month period has been completed your advert is automatically renewed. Therefore, your advert will always appear online so you never miss a booking."

Various enhanced visibility in search results for Plus and Premium packages.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

sent you a pm mark
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

doesnt that make it a pay per enquiry?
Marks

Post by Marks »

I have asked SH to clarify the max number of bookings which is a 50% reduction for the Basic package.

I have also asked them to clarify two other things you should watch out for:

If you take the Plus package it is Basic (245€) + 295€ which is 540€ in total yet when I add Plus to my basket the price becomes 549€.

I have auto-renewal set to off. When I renewed last time their system reset it on. In fact I now cannot see the auto renewal off/on option.
Sunbeam

Post by Sunbeam »

We are really not impressed by Spain-Holiday any more - they used to get us lots of bookings which suddenly stopped. Could not understand why till we queried the drop off with them. They did not even advertise the new pricing structure so were not even given the opportunity to upgrade. So what we signed up to at the beginning of last year was not what we were signed up to six months later. We'd prefer to pay a fee per booking than double the subscription fee. We won't be renewing.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

Sunbeam

Post by Sunbeam »

And what's to stop anyone sending ridiculous enquiries just to bump up your enquiries. According to the system, we've have had some phone enquiries - which is not the case. We have not had a booking from them for over a year - nor an enquiry - so at least we don't have to worry about an auto-renewal.

But what we are particularly annoyed about is that it's all been done without telling us there's a new system in place - we find this underhand.

They used to be brilliant and now they are utterly rubbish.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Forum members have already said that the change of ownership will not be for the good of the website.
viewtopic.php?t=28998&start=0&postdays= ... highlight=
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Marks

Post by Marks »

They still get me a good level of bookings, will just have see how the maximum number of enquiries thing will work out.

I did send them an email yesterday morning about this, normally I get a reply within a couple of hours. Still nothing.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

If someone presses the phone number I think it's counted as an enquiry. Never mind that people don't actually ring it!!
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

Pay by enquiry is not as strange as you might think for SH. Around the time Claus Sorensen was starting up SH he was also co-founder of Campaya
https://www.campaya.com/home-owners.cms
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

SH are still showing "just one annual fee of 245€". No mention of anything about the number of enquiries. I didn't take it through any further but this is their "owners register with us" page
https://www.spain-holiday.com/signup
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

The conditions were created 28 August so Helene tells me. A newsletter will be going out. I suspect you will need to open your new free account to see the 'conditions'
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

But it's outright dishonest to state that it is just an annual fee if the system is categorically different. For the record the Spanish site is showing the same, a simple choice between 15% commission or flate rate of €245
https://www.vacaciones-espana.es/anunciar
This is vastly different to the Spain-holiday we have known and loved for years. Shame they had to go like the rest.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

It has been capped at 100 enquiries per year for at least 2 maybe 3 years but I could never see that advertised either. They didn't have the option then to re new once that had been reached, they just didn't advertise the property!!