Spain-Holiday new pricing structure

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
Vera

Post by Vera »

So if we don't use all our enquiries in the year is the ad extended or is it just a win win situation for SH?
volcano

Post by volcano »

Marks wrote:I have asked SH to clarify the max number of bookings which is a 50% reduction for the Basic package.

I have also asked them to clarify two other things you should watch out for:

If you take the Plus package it is Basic (245€) + 295€ which is 540€ in total yet when I add Plus to my basket the price becomes 549€.

I have auto-renewal set to off. When I renewed last time their system reset it on. In fact I now cannot see the auto renewal off/on option.
Under "Properties" you'll find "Subscription" - here you can turn auto renewal off.
Marks

Post by Marks »

volcano wrote:Under "Properties" you'll find "Subscription" - here you can turn auto renewal off.
Cheers Volacno.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

My 2 properties are now not being advertised as I have gone over the limit for enquiries. They expire in Feb. So I have paid for a full year but for 5 months of that year it is not advertised...........
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

roxytoo wrote:My 2 properties are now not being advertised as I have gone over the limit for enquiries. They expire in Feb. So I have paid for a full year but for 5 months of that year it is not advertised...........
That’s beyond appalling! Do they mean enquiries or actual bookings, because if it is the former you might only have one or two actual bookings!
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

Its enquiries. If someone presses the phone button to see the phone number that is also counted as an enquiry.(never mind they might not actually ring it) The conversion in my area is very low
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

roxytoo wrote:Its enquiries. If someone presses the phone button to see the phone number that is also counted as an enquiry.(never mind they might not actually ring it) The conversion in my area is very low
It is not unreasonable for people to make a short list of places, which they then discuss with family and friends before a final decision is made, so the company are being unfair. But worse, that system is so open to abuse.
A competitor could take out neighbouring properties very easily.
Marks

Post by Marks »

Sunbeam wrote:And what's to stop anyone sending ridiculous enquiries just to bump up your enquiries.
I sincerely hope not but:

June 2018 - 4 enquiries
June 2019 - 40 enquiries :shock:

Of the 40 enquiries, 25 were either duplicates or triplicates
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

Marks Wrote:

June 2018 - 4 enquiries
June 2019 - 40 enquiries Shocked
Of the 40 enquiries, 25 were either duplicates or triplicates

That needs a message to the top. Claus Sorensen has always been approachable. Perhaps with selling off some of his share he has moved to greener pastures but I am sure he will respond to these disquiets. It's not a good idea and they need to drop it before owners start dropping them. Owners in Spain really need SH as they used to be.
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

Marks, did you get a reply?
Marks

Post by Marks »

I did on Friday:

"After reaching 50 enquiries, the ad will automatically renew if this feature is turned on, but it has not been for you so far. So the ad goes offline. You are right about the price update, it has been amended so now you can see 540€+iva. Sorry for this inconvenience."

I replied an hour or so later with further questions and asking why the change had not been announced before implementing it but no response yet. I have followed up today.

SH used to reply to questions/queries really quickly, disappointed this does not seem to be the case now.
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

Claus Sorensen is a registered member of LMH. He is one of us. You can send him a direct message within La My Hat.
profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4800
volcano

Post by volcano »

Marks wrote:I did on Friday:

"After reaching 50 enquiries, the ad will automatically renew if this feature is turned on, but it has not been for you so far. So the ad goes offline. You are right about the price update, it has been amended so now you can see 540€+iva. Sorry for this inconvenience."

I replied an hour or so later with further questions and asking why the change had not been announced before implementing it but no response yet. I have followed up today.

SH used to reply to questions/queries really quickly, disappointed this does not seem to be the case now.
You can twist and turn as you like, the new owners just want to get as much money out of us as possible. Just like all the others. I saw that coming. What a pity. Also objectionable, that one is not told that when or before being renewed.

And a 100% price increase is certainly no inconvenience but simply an impertinence.
Ele

Post by Ele »

roxytoo wrote:My 2 properties are now not being advertised as I have gone over the limit for enquiries. They expire in Feb. So I have paid for a full year but for 5 months of that year it is not advertised...........
At least I don't need to worry about getting too many enquiries.........only 7 YTD. Well done for getting that many!
:shock:
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

ok so I've been in touch with SH re my advert. It is due to expire Feb 2020. Currently even though I have paid for the standard advert in Feb my advert is not being shown. I asked how much it would cost to upgrade to the next level so I would have more visbility (what a con, are we going backwards here?) The answer is 300euros plus vat. No pro rata. I have to pay the full amount even though we are half way through the year. Am I missing something?