Homeaway payments confusion

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Homeaway payments confusion

Post by Sam V »

Just thought I'd drop this here after a quick look back through my emails from HA after I noticed payment for a recent booking was still via Yapstone.

26 September:.
Dear Customer,
You recently received an invitation to opt into our new fee-based Advance Payment model. Unfortunately, the invitation was sent to you in error and the fee based Advance Payment option is not currently available to you. We would like to apologize for any confusion caused. 

Your payment schedule has not been changed and you remain on check-in payments as before. Full details about our check-in payment service can be found here.
We will be sure to let you know should the fee based Advance Payment option become available to you in the future.
Thank you for your continued partnership.
Yapstone / VacationRentPayment

9 September:
Dear Sam,
Thank you for being patient in the days following Yapstone’s announcement to discontinue their Advanced Payment programme as a free service.

Your account is currently eligible for our early payout programme, and we expect to invite you into the programme within 90 days from today.
To help you make the best decision for your business, please read your options below:
Option 1 (recommended): Move to HomeAway’s payment platform now. You will be notified as soon as the early payout programme is ready - expected within 90 days from today.
If you migrate to the HomeAway payment platform now, payments will be disbursed to you after a guest checks in.
Learn more about the migration process.
Option 2: If you do not want to migrate at this time, please do not accept the terms and conditions.
You still have the option to apply for Yapstone’s fee-based Advanced Payment programme. However, we recommend you move to our new platform today.

4 September:
Hello Sam Veal,

We are writing to advise you of a change to your Yapstone Advanced Payments feature. After careful review of competitive payment offerings, we have discontinued Advanced Payments as a free service. Effective today, your payment account is being converted from Advanced Payments service to Check-In service (See, Yapstone Check-In Payments Terms). We sincerely apologize for this short notice and appreciate the impact on your cashflow. We know that this is a valued feature of Yapstone and that it distinguishes us from competitors. So, we have created a quick way for you to resume the Advanced Payments feature.
HomeAway customers who want to resume getting the benefits of advanced payments can do so at a cost of 3% per transaction (in addition to the standard processing fee) for the new service. By opting into the fee-based service below, you agree to the fees and terms. To opt-in, click the button below.
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Couldn't organise a booze up in a brewery. Bunch of idiots.
jafa

Post by jafa »

So am I right in thinking that they have gone back to getting paid earlier, but with a 3% surcharge? Hopefully they will finally realise that the fall off of landlords, they will go back to where they were originally.
Jafa
SW31

Post by SW31 »

Not necessarily. When I checked it with them I wasn’t eligible, even paying an additional 3%, as I didn’t take enough bookings through them. Basically, through a few conversations with HA, it sounds like HA were having to make refund payments to guests, who had cancelled and were due a refund, as the property owners didn’t have sufficient cash in the bank to make the refunds.

Usual thing - a few spoil it for everyone else!
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

I had some of those messages too..
Not good and exceedingly confusing...
Do we still pay 3% on top of the commission for pay per rental???
paolo

Post by paolo »

rosebud wrote: Do we still pay 3% on top of the commission for pay per rental???
HomeAway customers who want to resume getting the benefits of advanced payments can do so at a cost of 3% per transaction (in addition to the standard processing fee)
Paolo
Lay My Hat