How would you handle this situation?

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

I'm sure this is a situation none of us hope to find ourselves in - either as a guest or an owner.

Opinions differ and it is clear that the girls are not telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I take AngloDutch's point about not confronting the boys for fear of onward consequences and I may well feel the same in her position.

So, the bottom line here is that AngloDutch bears the cost of the damage or makes the girls pay. And the boys? Well, the boys get away scot free confident in the belief that their behaviour is acceptable and has no consequences - for them. Sad.
paolo

Post by paolo »

CSE wrote:
paolo wrote: Ultimately the women are responsible, by law, for any damage to the property. It is them that should pay their dues to AD.

These guests are not girls they are adults and should have behaved like adults. Not calling the police and/or the owner does not make sense.
A lot of things don't make sense when you slice and dice them. It is common for victims of sexual aggression to act in 'irrational' ways and not go to the police. You could also say it does not make sense that an owner whose door has been damaged by known locals does not call the police. But because her point of view has been fully expressed here you can sympathise with it.
Paolo
Lay My Hat