Leaving key in key safe

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
apexblue

Leaving key in key safe

Post by apexblue »

Just been informed that if keys are left in key safe whilst rental unoccupied insurance invalid??
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

Who said that? I think I checked with my insurance company and it was OK, there are different levels of keysafe. We use this very robust model.

https://keysafe.co.uk/c500-keysafe.html
Circé

Post by Circé »

I've heard this said before, in bar conversations and elsewhere.
My reply is that it depends upon the terms of your insurance cover, there is no general answer.
We have clients where we leave the key in the safe for guests to let themselves in, but we only leave the key that morning, and we pick it up the day they leave, it's never left overnight. Thus any risk is minimised.
vacancesthezan

Re: Leaving key in key safe

Post by vacancesthezan »

apexblue wrote:Just been informed that if keys are left in key safe whilst rental unoccupied insurance invalid??
Why would you leave the keys in the safe when no one is due. It would seem to be asking for someone to break in? Regardless of the legal/insurance view point.

VT
newtimber

Re: Leaving key in key safe

Post by newtimber »

vacancesthezan wrote:[
Why would you leave the keys in the safe when no one is due. It would seem to be asking for someone to break in? Regardless of the legal/insurance view point.

VT
If it's a secure key safe, you'd take the glass out of a downstairs window rather than try to get into the keysafe which may not have a key in it anyway.