We've done it!

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
Mouse

We've done it!

Post by Mouse »

We have finally sold the villa! It will be the end of January when we complete and so by the beginning of February we should be leaving Ibiza almost 24 yrs to the date.
We are very happy at the thought that we will be doing no more changeovers in 30+degree heat. This summer, although we had a 3 weeker and a couple of two weekers, was hard going...especially when our cleaners of 15yrs decided to give us the heave-ho!?

So there we go....end of an era. I'm happy that we started renting when we did we had some cracking times, many laughs and lovely guests. Now the frustrations are many.

Onwards and upwards!

Mousie
x
farley

Post by farley »

Wonderful news.
Hope your new life is everything you wish for and more😀
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Really pleased for you! :D :D (Looking to sell up here as well...)

BUT - you do realise just how important your presence is on LMH? The voice (if a bit squeaky) of experience-based common sense and reason on which we rely. So don’t go leaving us entirely... :cry:
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

+1

Very pleased for you and wishing you the very best in the next chapter of your life!
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Best wishes for your new life. We too are selling. No longer the same.

Will new owner continue rentals as you were always on our list to visit.

You will be missed.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Congratulations Mousie, and I hope your more restful future is everything you wish it to be.
As someone whom I regard as a long-term mate, I hope you don’t just disappear, but continue to lurk and throw in an occasional handful of your common sense when it’s needed.

All the very best
Mols :D
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Congratulations! As one door closes another opens. Good luck x
RichardHenshall

Post by RichardHenshall »

What they said!
fincafern

Post by fincafern »

Congratulations, Mousie, enjoy.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Thanks everyone! I don't think I could ever leave LMH completely so you will still have me around :lol: It has been a brilliant support over the years and, as Mols kindly says, I've got to know so many people on here that I consider friends.

Apex I think the people that have bought will rent out the non peak weeks...though they say they want to do some work to the house first. To be honest I'm not sure they appreciate what is involved.

It's interesting how many of the old LMHrs are either now out of the renting game or looking to sell up. Perhaps it's the fact that we remember when it was a more personalised business, and certainly it was much easier to get bookings. We've been fortunate in having a small loyal clientele that returned over the years but I admit to feeling stressed about each new season over the last 3yrs!

Thanks for sharing in our good news! And fingers crossed for the sale end January.

Mousie
x
paolo

Post by paolo »

Congratulations on clocking out and thanks for all your contributions to LMH. It sure is harder to rent now than when you joined in 2006. Good luck in your next chapter!
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

Congratulations Mouse! Hope everything goes according to plan in January and you have a well earned rest in 2020!
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth
rammy100

Post by rammy100 »

Yes, congratulations on moving on.

I remember you offering me some much-needed and very helpful advice when I joined LMH a few years back and I always appreciated it.

Best of luck xx
Here we go again........
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Oh wow well done! That's fantastic for you! We've just returned from a few weeks in ours with the intention of finally making the decision to put it on the market but got seduced by it all over again..... :roll: So we're going to do one more year at least..... :shock: I think if we're going to sell we'll have to send someone over there to do it for us - we seem to be incapable. :lol: Did you find it difficult emotionally Jaki?
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Sunbeam

Post by Sunbeam »

Your advice and insight has been invaluable to us - we're relative newbies to the business and still learning - and happily still enjoying it. Best wishes for the future :-)