We've done it!

Come for a relaxed chat about anything at all and meet your fellow rental owners.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

All the very best for the future! We have really benefited from and enjoyed your post here on LMH over so many years, but remember, there's no need to leave us entirely.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Thank you so much for your lovely comments everyone. I'm so pleased to hear I've helped over the years. :oops:

Kathy I found it very difficult emotionally....not the fact that we were selling up and moving on, as once I tend to make my mind up that's that...but more so the rollercoaster of emotions you go through when trying to sell. I reckon I could start a whole new thread on the stress brought about through agents, viewers and eventually the buyers. We really couldn't believe anything anyone said! We had many viewers who were investors looking to be paying out over a million (with taxes) who wanted to rent and they didn't ask one pertinent question about the rental market :shock:
I won't even mention the ones that led us down the garden path saying they wanted to buy only to then disappear :shock:
So I would say get yourself ready emotionally. If our experience was anything to go by viewings are full of criticism and disappointment and lots of lies from both agents and viewers.
We eventually sold direct (tho even that wasn't easy).

I do acknowledge that ours was our home as well as our business, so it may be easier with the house being your secondary residence. And hopefully the agents in France are better at qualifying viewers than the ones here.

Best of luck when you decide to take the step to sell.

Mousie
x
p.s. and juggling rentals against a possible sale was tricky too.
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

Really pleased for you, Mouse! Wishing you a very happy next chapter. So are you staying south or heading north?
LotBoy47

Post by LotBoy47 »

Well done and good luck for the future!
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Ecosse wrote:Really pleased for you, Mouse! Wishing you a very happy next chapter. So are you staying south or heading north?
Heading North Ecosse. Need to be within a hour or so of elderly parents. We are currently looking at the Dales (west), the ribble valley and possibly around Kirkby Lonsdale/Lune valley (tho that's just me....Mr M wants to be within decent striking distance of a city).

Mousie
x
Shinnie

Post by Shinnie »

Mousie

You have been so helpful to so many, including myself. Thank you for everything. Wishing you all the best.

S
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Mouse wrote: Need to be within a hour or so of elderly parents. We are currently looking at the Dales (west), the ribble valley and possibly around Kirkby Lonsdale/Lune valley (tho that's just me....Mr M wants to be within decent striking distance of a city).

Mousie
x
We’re in Cumbria, in the Dales NP, near Kirkby Stephen; we spend a bit of time in Kirkby Lonsdale and surrounding area - PM me if I can help in any way!
CSE

Post by CSE »

Well done. I will think you will find the new owners will find they will have some good experiences with guests. If they have a positive attitude in running a business.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
amandajane

Post by amandajane »

All the very best for your next exciting chapter - in an equally fab part of the world. As has been said your contributions have been invaluable. Thank you.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Thanks Gb....will do. Should be around February when we start to look proper.

Mousie
x
annedab

Post by annedab »

Mousie you have always been the voice of reason on here. Very happy that you are moving forward and wishing you all the best with whatever the future holds.

Reclaim your Saturdays (or *insert appropriate day* if you were flexible....) :D
Regards

Anne

If there's no such thing as co-incidence, then why is there a word for it?
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh yes....I will certainly enjoy having Saturdays to myself!

Mousie
x
Paul Carmel

Post by Paul Carmel »

Welcome to the club! You shall not clean a toilet that belongs to you that is used by someone else with poor aim!!
Cheers
PC
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

Like so many others we have benefited hugely from your sage advice and voice of reason over the years. I always enjoy reading your posts and hope you will continue to contribute.

Your skills in coming up with just the right phrase for calming the waters is also much appreciated. Have 'borrowed' quite a few!

Good luck in your move. You deserve it!
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Jaki
Congratulations on being able to look forward to a stress-free season - and many more!
A good friend of mine has yet to finish her season this year and is really really tired and counting the days till she can wave goodbye to the last guest of the year. I am so glad I no longer have the hassle of changeovers, the stress of finding bookings, etc etc. I still have maintenance but my long term tenants are lovely.
I wish you and your hubby a long and happy retirement with plenty of time to indulge in new activities, with family and new friends.
And as others have said, thank you for your words of wisdom and your support over the years.
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!