Anna Felix.

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Drax

Anna Felix.

Post by Drax »

Has anyone received this scam?

'Good Afternoon I’m an agent from West Yorkshire United kingdom, we deals with accommodation booking for clients , Our clients want to stay in your place start from 21 march 2020 to 28 march 2020. Below are the details you need to make the reservation: 2 DOUBLE ROOMS 1) Mr & Mrs Oliver Allen 2) Mr & Mrs Henry Johnson Kindly confirm and get back to me with the rate and make sure you including my 35% commission with booking price, My client will arrange for the booking Asap. Thank you for your cooperation. Best Regards, Anna Felix'
Keep your powder dry.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

I haven't received this, but the language is a perfect rendition of Scam grammar, spelling and content.

Ignore
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Interesting - I’ve never seen the request to include commission in the booking price. What’s the betting the owner would receive full “payment” from the “guest", and then be asked to transfer the 35% commission to the “agent”; all followed by the original payment being clawed back as fraudulent?

A neat little variation on the overpayment scam.