Homeaway prices euros and £

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
julesb

Homeaway prices euros and £

Post by julesb »

Hi - can anyone help with a problem I keep having. I advertise my gite on Homeaway in £'s not Euros because I mostly get UK guests. Occasionally I get french requests and they always ask how much the holiday will cost - their problem is the quote sent goes in £'s not euros and I don't know what exchange rate homeaway charge - is there a simple way on the site to change their quote to euros so they can see the correct price Homeaway will charge them in euros?
I came to France to stop the panic, now I still panic but at a much slower pace.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Probably not the answer you were looking for, but your guests need to ask Homeaway. After all they (the guests) are booking their holiday with homeaway, not with you. You are merely the owner of the property who supplies HomeAway with their inventory. The guest is doing business with HomeAway, so thats who they need to negotiate exchange rates with.

[removes tongue from cheek]
[end of rant]
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
CSE

Post by CSE »

When your guests use any Homeway site they can pick a flag which takes them to the Homeaway site for that country. For the French it is https://www.abritel.fr/
Would assume you are listed on Abritel.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
vacancesthezan

Re: Homeaway prices euros and £

Post by vacancesthezan »

julesb wrote:Hi - can anyone help with a problem I keep having. I advertise my gite on Homeaway in £'s not Euros because I mostly get UK guests. Occasionally I get french requests and they always ask how much the holiday will cost - their problem is the quote sent goes in £'s not euros and I don't know what exchange rate homeaway charge - is there a simple way on the site to change their quote to euros so they can see the correct price Homeaway will charge them in euros?
If we remember correctly the rates that HA (AB) display are only indicative - unless the advert is in the currency requested. When the renters actuallly book they will charged in the main currency (ie sterling in this case). Their own credit card company does the currency conversion and adds whatever charges are applicable.

We used to offer renters sterling and euros when we arranged our own payments but now that the system has "improved" and payments are taken directly we can only offer the one (ie euros). Progress!

When we looked last year the conversion that they were using for the indicative rates were quite "generous" and we had some people query why the price they were being charged had gone up when they actually booked. We suspect that they may use mid market rates here.

VT