Energy Performance Certificates - Anonymous Poll

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>

Do you have an Energy Performance Certificate?

Yes
38%
No
38%
Intend to get one
No votes
Will try to avoid unless chased by enforcing authority
23%

Total votes: 13

Stewart

Energy Performance Certificates - Anonymous Poll

Post by Stewart »

What's the uptake on this? Please complete the poll.

I know this was raised a year or so ago but was wondering if many people had "invested" in one of these or were getting harassed by "the authorities". This came from VisitScotland yesterday.

http://links.visitscotland.mkt4809.com/ ... &mt=1&rt=0

Laughingly the root of all this is a European dictat and recent legal judgement has deemed that holiday lets (at least in Scotland) are within scope. Valid until the end of Jan 2020 I wonder?

What you get for your money is very little apart maybe identifying if you have double glazing or a condensing boiler. Clearly something only an expert can do. And oh! if they cannot access a roof or wall space a judgement will be made by the expert on the quality of insulation. That will be £150 please.......bollocks.

In my case I have the architects drawings that are the basis for Building Control sign off and smart meter consumption readings for the last two years.

I'm guessing that this is a bit of nonsense that will be very hard to enforce even if it has a life beyond Brexit.
Last edited by Stewart on Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Have a look at this

viewtopic.php?t=14285

To the best of my knowledge, nothing has changed.

I totally agree with you it’s a money spinner for the inspectors who have to ask you for most of the information anyway.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

The situation in England and Wales is different from Scotland.

An EPC is not required for an FHL in England and Wales until the property is sold, when an EPC forms a part of the sale of any property (other than listed properties). That was the result of the challenge by EASCO and the Tourism Alliance to the government’s interpretation of a “tenant” some years back.

Scotland has its own rules, and everything I’ve seen suggests that there an EPC is a requirement for an FHL, and must be displayed when advertising the property.

No, it doesn’t make sense to me either...
Jemima Copping

Post by Jemima Copping »

Well, I think I will just wait until someone knocks on my door!
Better to be mutton dressed as lamb than mutton dressed as mutton!