Deactivating booking.com account

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
barbersdrove

Deactivating booking.com account

Post by barbersdrove »

I signed up to these but cannot deal with their calendar and other bits of their software. I’ve decided to knock it on the head but cannot see how to deactivate my account. I’m with AirBnB and their processes are so much clearer.
A cream cake a day keeps the wrinkles at bay:)
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

I just close my calendar and take the property offline.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Maybe contact them and ask?
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Sunbeam

Post by Sunbeam »

We briefly went onto Booking.com. We had to speak to them to close the account. But you may find that your property is now appearing on all sorts of sister company sites like tripadvisor, kyak and have to have them individually removed.
Cotto

Post by Cotto »

They used to, and probably they still, not remove completely your listing but continue to show it with "no availability". Then propose the visitor with alternative options nearby.
They also continue to use your brand in Google Adsense to attract visitor to their site (so it appears, as a sponsored link, first in Google search result pages for searches with your brand).
That's why we never listed on Booking. I don't know if they had to change this policy in some nations as they did for the rate parity.
CSE

Post by CSE »

GRDP should sort that issue out.
just say you want all your personal photos removed. The name of the business is your personal one too. Maybe even say it is now your personal home?
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.