Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Air conditioning units

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Air conditioning units Reply with quote

Hi is it possible to get units that come with some sort of motion detector or ones that turn themselves off after a certain amount of time. As we have to have them fitted to obtain a rental licence just worried that guests might leave them on 24/7
AndrewH

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some existing threads on the subject. You might want to look at:
http://www.laymyhat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24085&highlight=air+conditioning
COYS

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Air conditioning units Reply with quote

shaz wrote:
As we have to have them fitted to obtain a rental licence just worried that guests might leave them on 24/7

And I'm afraid to say they most certainly will - totally ignoring any settings or usage guides in the process.

Unless you have sourced units with pre-fitted 'green' features, you could take a look at EcoSense
shaz

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Smile
Marks

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can also depend on the type of units you have fitted as to how much these cost to run. As a rule of thumb the cheaper the unit the more expensive the running costs.

We have three Panasonic Econavi inverter units. Full occupancy for July & August our two electricity bills were 101 and 94 Euros including standing charges etc.
debbuck

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are an air conditioning company based in Spain. We deal with air conditioning in many rental properties. It is so true how guests leave air con running 24/7. we have had many occasions where we have been called to fix an air con unit, the guests have left to go out for the day, leaving air con running. Also there are times we may go the day after they have left, and guess what the air con has been left running. We fit attendant sensors, which turn the air con off when no one is in the room, also turning it off if doors and windows are left open. We had a client that had them fitted in his 8 bed villa, he rang the other day to tell us his electric bill in August last year was 700 euros, this year was 350 euros. So he is well pleased.
robthorogood

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Climateq (https://www.climateq.co.uk/) offers a fantastic range of products to prevent occupants from changing the temperature settings of the AC system too much AND that turns the AC system off when there is nobody on the room. I can answer any questions at robthorogood7@gmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lay My Hat Forum Index -> Spain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: