real costs of swimming pools?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Helene,
We got a Tiger Shark - and it really is (a tiger and a shark)!
Google for suppliers ("Tiger Shark Pool Cleaner").
Best,
Alexia.
helene

Post by helene »

Thanks Alexia - have found it on the web - probably an early birthday present.
regards
helene
Yvain

Post by Yvain »

Paulo I agree with your comments on chlorine smell but I have a feeling that most punters don't understand what a salt water pool is. I certainly didn't before it was explained to me - I couldn't understand why there was no salt taste in the water! Now I know that the salt is converted to chlorine but with none of the bad side effects. At the moment I have chosen not to mention it rather than cause confusion of have to give a detailed explanation. Perhaps I'm wrong.
paolo

Post by paolo »

Welcome to the forum, Yvain! Image

Personally I would definitely mention a non-chlorine pool as it has real benefits. Rather than go into any detail explaining how it works, you can just say it is chlorine-free and odour-free, and kids will love it because they won't get sore eyes.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Yvain

Post by Yvain »

Thanks Paolo - I think I may just do that. Great site by the way.
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

I was lucky (or unlucky!) enough to have a pool in the uk. It was a lot of work and expensive to run.

One thing to bear in mind in Italy is a that having a pool can change your tax situation - I'm afraid I can't remember the figures, but having one will change you property into a 'luxury home'.

The other thing to mention is that Italians prefer the sea to pools (strange race of people!), so if you are intending to attract Italians (and Liguria is one of their favorite spots) then a pool may not make much difference.

That said, If we ever get our appartments off the ground and manage to earn enough from them, it is our intention to put a pool in. Probably many years down the line!
tansy

Post by tansy »

I'm thinking along the lines of a swimming pond...anyone got one or know about them?
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »