Guests!

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
garlic

Guests!

Post by garlic »

Well having moaned and moaned about lack of bookings I have a booking for next week and being who I am I'm just not satisfied I'm actually terrified!

This is my first English guest and she is coming on her own, the weather is cold but beautiful. We received her booking form back today and her address sounds awfully home counties posh. I've sent her our welcome information which explains things like we're on bottled gas etc but I'm just terrified that we won't live up to her expectations.

I think it's compounded because although I've written to her in my chatty sort of style I've only had one line emails from her. I'm saying to myself she's seen the website, she's read my guest info so she is informed...but I'm just panicing. I've asked her to feel free to ask any questions but she hasn't. I really don't want an unhappy guest but I also didn't want to be nosey about her reasons for coming here. Does that make sense?
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Well Garlic

Ive just had a look again and its lovely....Also loads of info saying exactly whats what so thats why she hasnt felt the need to ask anything else.....
Just relax and enjoy your success........ :wink: :lol:
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

I know how you feel Garlic, I've had several guests like that that barely respond to emails let alone write anything remotely chatty! :roll:

They've all been perfectly happy and I've just come to the conclusion that not everyone has the time/inclination or capability to write chatty emails. They probably think we wouldn't have time to read their ramblings anyway in our very busy rental offices with bookings to deal with left, right and centre!!!

Little do they know that we're avidly checking our emails every 5 minutes for a response or a new enquiry!!!

Don't worry, you've given her everything she needs to know and she chose your house over the thousands out there and I'm sure she'll be thrilled to bits when she gets there. :D

Best of luck! Let us know how you get on.

Kathy
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

kathyg wrote: Don't worry, you've given her everything she needs to know and she chose your house over the thousands out there and I'm sure she'll be thrilled to bits when she gets there. :D Kathy
That's exactly what I was going to say - and knowing your site and what you have to offer (which is unique), she can only be delighted. I'm sure you attract like-minded people there Garlic, so just relax, be yourself, and she'll melt as soon as she sees the newest arrival and meets the rest of the clan - convinced of it!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

Wow Garlic

Never realised what a fascinating place you have. I know what you mean about some people not being chatty, it makes me really nervous too, especially if they sound a bit posh but like everyone says, she chose your place and it is very unique, so even less need to fret I think.

I hope you don't mind me mentioning but I couldn't help but notice on your llama page that you have repeated the same line of text twice, the bit about 'stopping for a nibble', just in case you didn't realise :wink:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
garlic

Post by garlic »

Thanks all...just panicy!
I'll check my website tomorrow but thanks doesn't matter how many time I read it I always miss stuff...got to watch something about debauchery in Georgian England with the bloke...hum!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

debauchery in Georgian England
Think I will wait til it comes out on video.... :roll: :lol:
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Garlic, I had to laugh!! :lol:

Just had a look at your site, you've added so much more stuff since the last time I looked and it really looks good but I spotted one poor little red flower drooping out of the vase in one shot :wink:

You might want to retake that photo one day! :lol: :lol:

Kathy
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

"
This is my first English guest and she is coming on her own, the weather is cold but beautiful. We received her booking form back today and her address sounds awfully home counties posh. I've sent her our welcome information which explains things like we're on bottled gas etc but I'm just terrified that we won't live up to her expectations.

I think it's compounded because although I've written to her in my chatty sort of style I've only had one line emails from her."

Garlic- she's chosen to come and stay in your place,don't question her reasons!! Her address doesn't mean a lot. I've had little response from some e-mails either,one was a very prim and proper lady, she still enjoyed her holiday! Anotherturned out to be a family who were far too busy to write to someone they don't know about anything other than was strictly necessary - they enjoyed themselves too. She might want to commune with nature or llamas for a whole raft of reasons. Relax, enjoy her visit,she'll get out of it whatever she needs to :wink:
enid

Post by enid »

Last year we had a garden party here in August - 60 people eating cakes playing boules etc. I contacted the 2 families who were staying in the gites to tell them what we were doing and to invite them to the event. One family were returners so we knew they'd be fine but the other family were new clients and like your guests the e mails had been business like not chatty at all. He replied no problem re the garden party but still no extra chat. They joined in 100% had a great time thanked us so much for including them and have booked again for this year. :D

I'm sure your non chatty e mailer will have a great time :D
Vally

Post by Vally »

relax and enjoy all will be fine , even after all this time I am still nervous about the first guests of the season!!
As for non chatty emails ......I had one chap in the summer who became quite a regular emailer for no apparent reason other than he booked early and was keeping in touch...when they came I hated them!!
Patia

Post by Patia »

Well, I had a chatty guest a year or so ago who kept in touch even after he'd returned. It turned out I'd misled him by saying I was a great believer in networking . . . Well! How many of you know that has another meaning? My husband had to explain to me . . and I had to explain to the guest that I thought we had our wires crossed. Never heard from him again after that . . .

I'm a bit more wary of the chatty ones now!
Patia
P.S. I'm sorry - is that off-topic? I do agree with the others Garlic . . seems to me this lady probably searched long and hard for just the right place to stay, and she has chosen yours. I bet she'll love it!
garlic

Post by garlic »

Thanks all, guess I was just feeling a bit insecure...the bloke thinks I'm being a twit too and a friend I spoke to about it today...So I'm going to take a deep breath and relax (by that I mean fill a deep glass and soak in the bath)

Thanks also for the typo spotting, got rid of that this morning. Bit stuck with the droopy flower for now...can't believe I hadn't noticed how crap it looked. I'll get a new shot next week I think a nice roaring fire shot would work for the winter months.

Think I fell asleep in the middle of the Georgian debauchery...getting old!