Housekeeping/Changeover / property management North Wales

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
AniB72

Housekeeping/Changeover / property management North Wales

Post by AniB72 »

My husband and i are prospective first time Holiday Home letters.
We're at the stage where we are investigating costs and financial feasibility before we can commit.

We're looking at a potential property in North Wales, Gwynedd (Dolgellau to be specific) but are struggling to find a local housekeeping/ changeover service provider which we will need as we live in South Wales. We just want to get a feel for what services are in the area and what the cost might be.

Does anyone on here know of any in the locale of Dolgellau or would cover that area?

Thanks
A
CSE

Post by CSE »

Welcome to the forum.
At the moment i would suggest you put a hold on nay planning until you know what the outcome of the present crisis is.
The last thing on folks minds at the moment will be taking a vacation. They will be hit financially and vacations are normally the first thing to get the axe.
Plus at the moment you could well find less foreigners taking advantage of the Welsh hospitality
All of this could put pressure on your finances too.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
AniB72

Post by AniB72 »

Thank you for the response.

I am aware of the affect Covid-19 is having and will have going forward.

At present we don't have a property to let and it is unlikely that we would be trading until 2021 at the earliest as the property we are looking at needs quite a bit of renovation so that would be at least 6 months of work.

But we do want to ensure that financially it is feasible option for us before we jump in a purchase another house so doing quite a bit of upfront costings right now.

:)
costa-brava

Post by costa-brava »

I really profoundly agree with CSE. It looks like Boris is planning to lock up all Grannies and Grandpas! And lots of other friendly measures. This thing is going to bite hard. Keep an eye on how it develops before you jump in.
CSE

Post by CSE »

AniB72 wrote:Thank you for the response.

I am aware of the affect Covid-19 is having and will have going forward.

At present we don't have a property to let and it is unlikely that we would be trading until 2021 at the earliest as the property we are looking at needs quite a bit of renovation so that would be at least 6 months of work.

But we do want to ensure that financially it is feasible option for us before we jump in a purchase another house so doing quite a bit of upfront costings right now.

:)
Before purchase have you done research on the amount of cottages/house etc which are rented out for vacations in the area. I have and the unscientific research shows the market is well serviced with established properties at the moment. There do seem a lot. Thus put question is financially feasible this idea maybe, rather than cleaning options.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

I'm in North Snowdonia and pay in the region of £100 for each turnover for a 3 bed/2 bath cottage. This includes laundry.