'Advice' not to travel in UK

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
DaveN

'Advice' not to travel in UK

Post by DaveN »

Latest advice
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/covi ... l-guidance

Effectively ending travel for holidays in the UK. Probably the right thing to do, but it would be nice if it was a bit stronger than just advice if owners or guests are to be able to claim on insurance.
Open for business.
Renaud2

Post by Renaud2 »

Boris is not keen to turn the 'advice' to do or don't do various things into legal requirements.

Some people have said that he is trying to protect the insurance industry from the claims that will hit them when 'advice' becomes mandatory.

Boris Johnson was paid £25,540 to speak at the British Insurance Brokers’ Association’s (Biba) Conference in May 2019, according to the House of Commons’ register of members’ financial interest.

This could explain why.

""You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment", as was often said in the 'House of Cards' novels and tv series.
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

I called our loss adjusters and they were really not prepared to make a comment on the potential for our policy to cover us or not. They basically said I was lucky they were in the office to answer the call and that we may all be worried about much worse things than an insurance claim in the coming days.

On a human level I can absolutely understand where they are coming from. I really think they should issue a statement that says if they current government advice meets the requirement of our policy to close and make a claim.