Well done Sawdays

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Sunbeam

Well done Sawdays

Post by Sunbeam »

I commend Sawdays for writing a thoughtful and supportive message to owners and in particular for the FAQ for guests. The only online company that is directing guests to their insurance conpany and avoiding "strongly encouraging" owners to offer refunds and date shifts outside their cancellation policies. Thank you Sawdays.

FROM SAWDAYS FAQ

Can I still go on my European holiday?

If you have booked an international stay and the current FCO advice is not to travel to that region, your travel insurance should provide you with a full refund. Please check your policy.

https://www.sawdays.co.uk/coronavirus- ... _term=FAQs
Pirou

Post by Pirou »

Good for them. They're a "pay fee for listing" business, aren't they? Rather than charging commission per booking I mean. If so I can see they would have a more ethical approach to both customers and owners because they aren't biased towards doing anything that delivers them commissions per booking.
Sunbeam

Post by Sunbeam »

It is true Pirou that they don't do online bookings but a smiliar message could have been given to Airbnb and Homeaway bookers - "contact your insurance company and check your policy as Owners set their own cancellation policies that HomeAway are not responsible for". They have it in their small print on their FAQ page but did not broadcast it.

Spain-Holiday are following the "we recommend you give a full refund" route - and we only pay to be listed - they do have some owners who use their online booking system - but we don't.

I feel that because Sawdays focus on small independent owners - they recognise more acutely the impact of this pandemic on us. They have also said they will really focus on advertising to help us get back on track. Homeaway threaten us with being bumped down the rankings!