SpainRentalsDirect.com

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Blodyn

SpainRentalsDirect.com

Post by Blodyn »

Does anyone use Spainrentalsdirect.com?

It also goes under the name of Costaconnectons.com.and a few others I believe. I tried a search on LMH but the refs it came up with are 'blanked' out for some reason.

I advertised with them for our first year (last year) and had 3 bookings and 1 repeat but I haven't had many enquiries for this year from them. I was just wondering if anyone else uses them and whether its working for them?

Blodyn
I love Wales - but oh the rain........
paolo

Post by paolo »

Blodyn wrote:I tried a search on LMH but the refs it came up with are 'blanked' out for some reason.
Not blanked out, but highlighted terms are highlighted in white - i.e. invisible. To see them, go to the address bar and delete everything from the thread number foward:

Instead of:
viewtopic.php?t=1171&highlight=costaconnections

trim to:
viewtopic.php?t=1171

This gives you the thread without highlighted terms.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Patia

Post by Patia »

Hello Blodyn,

Yes, I have been with them during this past year and am coming up to renewal time. I am very touch and go with these people . . just as I think there is no movement and I won't bother to renew, up come some more enquiries. Just don't know what to do.

For your information, I have had a total of 17 enquiries over 2 properties, resulting in 4 bookings . . interest and bookings seem to be greater for our apartment than for the villa, but that could just be us of course.

When I spoke to the guy initially I felt he was more of a computer man than a holiday listings man . . but that's no bad thing since it's the ratings we're after. If so, then maybe he monitors this site and might step forward and say a few words. My main concern at the moment is that I did a little bit of a deal for the first year, but would have to pay full price for 2007 . . and I'm just not sure if I want to do that because they are quite expensive.

Having said that, the results compare fairly favourably with my other sites, except that it seems to go very quiet for long swathes of time between enquiries. Sorry if all I've done is confuse you further!

Patia
Blodyn

Post by Blodyn »

Paolo - thanks for enlightening me about the highlighting! :wink:

Hi Patia,

I have just renewed for another year with them. I was also in two minds about renewing again, as you say, they are one of the more expensive rental listing sites. I'll see how it goes this year and take it from there I think.

I'm sure if he thinks he's going to lose your custom, a deal could be made. We had a small discount for our 2nd year but paid full for the 1st year. (I think the discount was because I was a bit reluctant to commit). So there's no harm in asking!

Blodyn x
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Blodyn& Patia,

Ive just had a look at the site It might be me[usually is] but is there no prices listed? .....someone will ring you & discuss the price????...dont really like taht idea Its like going into a shop & not knowing the price of what you like...until you show an interest.

Does it seem odd that you both mention deals and specials...how would you know if no one knows what the original price was.....Id pm each other & just check whats what!!

I was thinking of having a go but its put me off a bit. :?
Blodyn

Post by Blodyn »

Hi Ros

Good question - I checked the website and yes you are right (of course) - there aren't any prices listed. :o

I have just pm'd Patia the prices I paid and if you let me know - I will do the same to you. :)

Blodyn x
Patia

Post by Patia »

Hello Ros & Blodyn,

Yes, it was a good question and I've sent you both a PM with my info . . . thanks for yours Blodyn!

Patia
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Thanks for your PMs Stranger and Stranger... :D

It does seem quite expensive even though you seemed pleased with the service,
all the websites I use are less than that ...some a lot less...and most have done as well or better....
It seems a bit iffy that he doesnt publish prices and its all done over the phone and then your offered 'deals'...Why cant he publish his prices so you know how good a 'deal' youre getting.

Wonder how many of us would get people to book without publishing any prices but when someone rang gave them a 'deal'and when someone else rang gave them a different 'deal' :? :shock: