Can we accept bookings?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
aloneifly

Can we accept bookings?

Post by aloneifly »

Had an enquiry for my Worthing studio flat.
Wants accommodation for duration of lockdown.

I've asked questions of course like why?
If they have a good reason for this can I accept if I want to or are holiday let's supposed to be closed?

Thanks
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

I thought we have been told that holiday homes and second homes should not be used unless by a key worker or someone returning from abroad whose own home is unavailable??
Tremewan

Post by Tremewan »

Latest police activity and advice from Derbyshire and Avon forces suggests that you're not even allowed to use you car to drive to the countryside for a walk. As far as I can see, unless your potential guests are arriving on foot, they should not be allowed to travel. Government advice is that all non-essential travel (and holiday lets count as that) is banned - so yes, like the rest of us, you should be closed!
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

We have accepted bookings for a neighbour who cares for a relative but can't live with them 24/7 and two repeat guests one who's static site has closed and another who can't return home due to someone self isolating. All were local.
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

zebedee wrote:I thought we have been told that holiday homes and second homes should not be used unless by a key worker or someone returning from abroad whose own home is unavailable??
That's what I would think. If emergency legislation prohibits something, then breaching that prohibition equals breaking the law. Here in Greece, it is not permitted to let one's holiday accommodation for holiday purposes for the whole of the month of April. If we did so and this was discovered (as it surely would be) the authorities would be down on us like a ton of bricks. I don't know what the penalty is, but prison is likely, if proved.