Agency won't remove my villa from their website

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Sardiniavilla

Agency won't remove my villa from their website

Post by Sardiniavilla »

Hi all, Serenity Holidays trading as Sardinian Places is refusing to pay myself and other villa owners this year. I've had to go legal to recover monies owed from their breach of contract but they're ignoring all my requests to remove the villa from their website. They no longer represent it, both because of their breach of contract but also because of their horrendous treatment of myself and other owners I no longer wish to have anything at all to do with them. What legal remedies are available to me to make them remove my villa from their site? Thank you!
Renaud2

Post by Renaud2 »

Are you able to access and change your content on your ad with them? If so, then why not delete as much content as possible, and leave a message for anyone viewing your ad, explaining your situation. Make your availability 'blocked'. You could also place text asking enquirers to contact you directly. Try to break all their rules. Their only sanction is to delete your ad. Job done.
Sardiniavilla

Post by Sardiniavilla »

That's an absolutely excellent idea! Sadly no, they don't give owners any back door access at all to listings, not even to update the calendar. Such a pity otherwise I would have replaced the villa description with the email I received from the Company Director telling me that their official company policy for getting through coronavirus is to illegally pass on as much of their financial losses as they can to all of their suppliers... In other words to steal. That would have been fun.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Put the email out on Twitter