Summer 2020 enquiries from HA

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

Summer 2020 enquiries from HA

Post by Sam V »

This week Ive now had three enquires from Portuguese families wanting the book the villa during May and August. The enquiry for May (Ive turned them down) - "I saw your lovely house in VRBO and i wonder if it is available for the period between 15 may till 18 may? we are a portuguese family of 4 adults and a small child planning to rest for a few days and birthday grandchild away from Lisbon and this awkward times."
----@--------.---

What are your thoughts?

Personally for my own peace of mind Id prefer not to take any bookings (this remaining year) OR until we are given clear instructions we can do so and how. I need to consider the safety of cleaning staff,etc and I have no Idea if the laundry is open for the towels and linen?
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
AndrewH

Re: Summer 2020 enquiries from HA

Post by AndrewH »

Sam V wrote: … What are your thoughts?

Personally for my own peace of mind Id prefer not to take any bookings (this remaining year) OR until we are given clear instructions we can do so and how. I need to consider the safety of cleaning staff,etc and I have no Idea if the laundry is open for the towels and linen?
Sam, I can understand how this family, cooped up in Lisbon, must be feeling and a nice holiday this month away from it all, with no border to cross or flight to catch, would ease the strain and be something special for them to look forward to. However, for you I think that it is a matter of following the current rules and instructions issued by the Portuguese government regarding holiday travel in the month of May. I know it would be safest to shut down for the whole 2020 season, but perhaps it is a matter of affordability with a good chance of things improving as the year progresses. Do you, or perhaps your staff, need ever to be in close proximity to these guests during the course of their proposed stay?

May strikes me as yet a bit early for taking guests, but each country is different I know. In Greece we are still not permitted to travel outside our "prefecture". In fact, mainland Greeks even with a second home on the island where I live are not allowed to travel there, and I don't think we'll be seeing tourists from overseas until July at the earliest and then only under strict conditions.