holidayLettings / TripAdvisor calendar import bug

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Ben McNevis

holidayLettings / TripAdvisor calendar import bug

Post by Ben McNevis »

TripAdvisor is failing to pick up the linked calendar for both of our listings. It has even lost the linked calendar settings and fails to store them when we re-enter them.

I have no idea how long this problem has existed. I've contacted their support today.

Anyone else got this problem?
Cheers, Ben
www . scotland-cottage.com www . scottish-cottage.com

Visiting Glenrothes? It's one of your Fife-a-day
Ben McNevis

Post by Ben McNevis »

I have the answer from them and it's not a good one:
We recently made some changes to our calendar sync functionality, and we only work with a select list of calendar providers. I will submit your request to the relevant team but cannot promise that it will be added. You currently can work with the following providers:

avaibook.com", "smoobu.com", "itsolutions.es", "tokeet.com", "lodgify.com", "myallocator.com", "supercontrol.co.uk", "kigo.net", "agoda.com", "wubook.net", "expediapartnercentral.com", "beds24.com", "avantio.com", "vreasy.com", "casamitger.com", "liverez.com", "lodgix.com", "freetobook.com", "syncbnb.com"

I hope you will be able to use one of them in the meantime.
So, now they expect me to subscribe to an external service. I haven't checked them all but I don't suppose that there is a free calendar hosting service among them. So, for example syncbnb is $30 per month for 2 calendars.

Airbnb and homeaway both sync from ical files in any location. TripAdvisor used to until a few weeks ago but now, for some reason, they cannot.
Cheers, Ben

Ben McNevis

Post by Ben McNevis »

Update: They have fixed it. Linked calendars are now synced every 90 minutes, regardless of what domain the calendar is in!
Cheers, Ben

Peggymac

Post by Peggymac »

Strange ! We had a Trip Advisor enquiry this morning to book for 2 weeks beginning of August, one of which was already booked on our website. We are still trying to resolve the mismatch between our calendar and TripAdvisor’s.
Peggy and Lionel

Always do Cooking, Bed Making and Website design with Love and the rest will follow.
www.casteldecantobre.co.uk
www.casteldecantobre.fr
www.facebook.com/CastelDeCantobre
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

Ben, thanks for posting this.

We had a booking request through TA on 27/05 which we had to decline as the dates in the first week of August were already booked.

When we went to check what was going on we noticed that our TA calendar was no longer up to date and the iCAL link to our HA calendar had disappeared.

We managed to directly reinstate it, but we now have a 50% acceptance rate showing on our TA dashboard instead of 100% due to having to decline the booking! :x