Booking.com Auto Generated description.

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
cleanforum

Booking.com Auto Generated description.

Post by cleanforum »

The description for my listing is absolute rubbish, and misleading. I have tried to alter/tune the information for our villa and am looking for tips if anyone has been able to improve on their Booking description.

Example our villa which has views of mountains, and sea is listed as villa with views of pool.!!

or.. our villa which is near the well known destination of Nerja is listed as x km from Torre del mar!! a larger town but which hardly any toursts would know of visit and much further away.

I really depair of Booking sometimes, its so "made for hotels" that I am surprised a villa can even be listed there, and yet we get some good bookings from them. I am sure though that things could be improved easily...
CSE

Post by CSE »

Do not understand what the problem is. One can re-write the description and send Booking a message via the owners intranet.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

Well not exactly, the description is auto generated from our selections of the house characteristics and services. You are correct that we can request a change.

I did that yesterday and had a reply today :) they have chnaged the options selected to try to improve the description which will "update" in due course.

So there is a process for getting them to modify the desc but in my case at least there is no way I can just mail them a text and have them post it.

There are still some errors, so I will see how this first change they made filters through to the desc, and will ask for a further change after verifying if requred.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Glad it is sort of sorted. It used to be able to change what you like when you like. Then they changed that to where you had to contact them. Never had a problem with them doing what we asked for. Maybe some property owners were doing changes to listings which are against the contract with booking allows.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.