Airbnb cleaning protocols

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
newtimber

Airbnb cleaning protocols

Post by newtimber »

Airbnb now require owners to follow their cleaning protocols otherwise they'll remove your listing.

One wonders what the point of PASC etc producing their own cleaning guidelines and risk assessments if listing sites can just insist on their own cleaning guidelines being followed otherwise you won't get any bookings.
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

I did the ABB cleaning test out of curiosity more than anything (we're on there but with all our dates blocked off by default). It was pretty basic and fairly easy if you've already done a risk assessment, etc. There could have been more options - I had to tick the box to say that we would wear masks when meeting guests because there wasn't a tick box for 'we never meet our guests'.

ABB are obviously not going to turn up on changeover day to check us out so it all seems a bit pointless - anyone can pass the test regardless of whether they're going to put the cleaning protocols into place or not.
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

Joanna wrote:I did the ABB cleaning test out of curiosity more than anything (we're on there but with all our dates blocked off by default). It was pretty basic and fairly easy if you've already done a risk assessment, etc. There could have been more options - I had to tick the box to say that we would wear masks when meeting guests because there wasn't a tick box for 'we never meet our guests'.
The trouble with it is it's so proscriptive - the first thing I have to agree is to "Wear a mask or face covering when interacting in person" It doesn't say that I have to wear a mask if I meet them indoors, so if I happen to see them coming out of their cottage, I have to ignore them or we both have to put on masks to say "Good Morning". And sometimes a maintenance man can only come to fix a problem after the cottage has been cleaned. Yes I spray the surfaces that they've touched, but according to the guidelines, this isn't acceptable because no-one can enter a room after it's been disinfected. And according to Airbnb, they advise at least 24 hours before you start cleaning or failing that at least 3 hours. This isn't going to work.
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

We received an email last Thursday from ABB asking us to adhere to their social distancing procedures and to wear a mask when meeting guests. We had already agreed to commit to their COVID-19 cleaning procedures, so we agreed to the rest of their terms as well.

Yesterday we received a party via ABB (probably what is going to be one of our last bookings for a long while) and I expect ABB to ask the guests after they have departed, 'If the host or their representative interacted with you during your stay, did the person wear a facial covering?'

If ABB receive a few too many reports of masks not being worn, then there will be no doubt consequences for the host's listing/account.