Chez Nous and Coronavirus

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Emmy

Chez Nous and Coronavirus

Post by Emmy »

I'm based in France... With so much going on in the world I'd lost track of the fact that our Chez Nous advert ran out yesterday. I rang them this morning and while waiting to be connected, browsed their website. Not one single mention of Coronavirus...

In the last 7 days or so I've received emails on this subject from almost every company I've ever dealt with, but nothing from Chez Nous.

When I was finally connected, it was business as usual. "Hello... So, you'd like to renew over the phone?" I had to explain that no, I didn't want to renew right now, since I'm receiving cancellations not bookings, and that France is currently closed. I was told that if I renewed within 4 months, my adverts could be re-instated... I explained that that's no good - I need my adverts to still be live, just in case people are browsing now for (hopefully) better times ahead. She then agreed to extend both adverts for 3 months, but only agreed to that after this discussion, not as a matter of course.

I'm quite shocked - they deal solely with France and yet it was as if she'd never heard of Coronavirus. I've requested a manager to call me back to discuss - they're normally a very helpful company, so I just can't see why they are behaving as if the situation we all find ourselves in is normal. Why they haven't taken some sort of decision and emailed all advertisers to support and reassure them.

It's prompted me to think: If they charge the same fees to renew as they usually do, there's no way I can afford to pay. Should I expect them to do a full renewal for very little/ no cost? Surely, if we are all struggling, they're going to struggle too, and they really need to help keep us in business.
Or am I expecting too much?
Marks

Post by Marks »

Different country but not a peep from Spain-Holiday. They used to be one of the good guys.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Marks wrote:Different country but not a peep from Spain-Holiday. They used to be one of the good guys.
Read this link.
viewtopic.php?t=29357
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
layon

Post by layon »

Hi Emmy.
I had my cottages with ChezNous, and I must admit they were fine to get customers from the UK for the first few years... but due to the coronavirus, last Spring (2020) I has an argument as I received an email from them saying booking would be hold... I sent an email saying that potentially cheznous.com could be found by anybody on our little planet (mean any country), then decide if they could come according to their own country regulation. They gave me 3 more months, but I did not renew, and refocused on the French market (gites.fr... Leboncoin.fr. : look like a good start for 2021 season, as 4 days after setting us up, we are getting inquireies for this summer). Get in touch if you want.

To finish about ChezNous!! I told them I was not going to renew, as 15% discount for early renewal was only amounting to 59 days in a year... noone knows what will happen for this summer.
Anyway, I did not renew my subscription with ChezNous... They kind of rude and nor helpful at all.