Covid-19 roadmap to lifting lockdown.

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
dwtmill

Covid-19 roadmap to lifting lockdown.

Post by dwtmill »

I have been reading through the summaries of Boris's plan and it is unclear to me as to when we can fully open for business. When stage two comes into effect (12th of April), self-catering accommodation can reopen for use by members of the same household. There is no mention of lifting this restriction under stage three (17th of May). I am therefore assuming that it will not be lifted until stage four comes into effect (21st of June). Do you agree with this interpretation or am I missing something? This point is important to us as, under normal circumstances, most of our clientele are extended families made up of two of three separate households.
Don't look back
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

By your post location you are in Wales.

We have no re-opening date yet from Drakeford. Yesterday's announcements relate only to England and has no bearing on what the rules will be here in Wales. We won't know until 12/3 announcement and maybe not even then.

If we do open earlier I doubt very much that we'll be allowed any English guests until the middle of April and I fully expect the one household only rule will continue to apply.
dwtmill

Post by dwtmill »

At the moment, Boris's roadmap is the best we can expect and it gives us something to work to. Most of our customers come from England and we have bookings from Easter onwards. I would rather blame Boris, rather than the Welsh government, for cancelling someone's holiday (tongue in cheek).
Don't look back
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

dwtmill wrote:At the moment, Boris's roadmap is the best we can expect and it gives us something to work to. Most of our customers come from England and we have bookings from Easter onwards. I would rather blame Boris, rather than the Welsh government, for cancelling someone's holiday (tongue in cheek).
I'm quite happy to blame Drakeford! My money is on him to allow us to open just before England but not allow English visitors - we've been restricted to Welsh residents only before now.

My English Easter booking has already moved dates.