OTAs

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
Banffy

OTAs

Post by Banffy »

I have just joined Promote my Place and could anyone that is using them know the answer to my questions?

1. Do I have to add all the OTAs myself like Trivago, Tripadvisor, Booking.com, AIRBNB, Expedia etc?

2. How long does it take for my property to show when I search it on Google as I cant see it when I search normally.

3. Should I pay for the Copywriting: Review of Website Copy £49 they charge and SEO: Keyword Analysis they charge £120.

4. Anything else I should be doing that you may know that I dont?

Thanks
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

1. Unless you use a booking system with a channel manager to do the work for you, yes you do.
2. It will be found eventually but won't appear high up on search results to start with so you will get no bookings. Only when lots of traffic goes to your site and people stay engaged does your ranking improve.
3. Not worth paying for copywriting services. You need to constantly update your website to keep it looking fresh.
4. I would get a booking system with a channel manager and advertise on all the OTAs to start with and find out which ones work for you. Once you start getting guests and good reviews, then you can drive guests to book direct with you.
Banffy

Post by Banffy »

newtimber wrote:1. Unless you use a booking system with a channel manager to do the work for you, yes you do.
2. It will be found eventually but won't appear high up on search results to start with so you will get no bookings. Only when lots of traffic goes to your site and people stay engaged does your ranking improve.
3. Not worth paying for copywriting services. You need to constantly update your website to keep it looking fresh.
4. I would get a booking system with a channel manager and advertise on all the OTAs to start with and find out which ones work for you. Once you start getting guests and good reviews, then you can drive guests to book direct with you.
So A booking system like freetobook and add channel some channel managers? They charge a one off connection of £49 would that be the best way?