Help with Promote My Place

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Banffy

Help with Promote My Place

Post by Banffy »

Hi Just starting out and have no clue what much of it means so can someone please try and explain my questions.

1. I'm looking at using PMP and I'm working on the website what features exactly does this platform have and provide?

a. Does it have built in iCal to sync calendars?

b. Does it have Stripe built in?

c. On Free to Book you can buy channel managers like Booking.com £49, AIRBNB £49 etc does PMP already have this or do i have to purchase it from FTB?
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Hi
Yes it has ical

Yes you can add in Stripe and take payments on line. At the moment no extra charge but the site says there will be a £30 a year for this. A lot less than the booking sites take in commission.

I’m sorry, I can’t answer your question about Chanel managers.

You can have a 2 week trial for free and you could email support at PMP to find out. If you need a discount code, just PM me.
Banffy

Post by Banffy »

Hi That will be great for the code Once I get ready I can give you a shout. Do you have a calandar on your home page?

If I want my website on Booking.com and AIRBNB who sorts this out PMP or Free To Book or Booking.com this is what i dont understand.
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Hi yes, do contact me when you are ready.

I have an availability calendar - it’s all part of the PMP package. I don’t have this on my home page but there is a facility for you to put it as a visible link on your home page, snd to list your late availability and special offers on the home page.
SusanMay

Post by SusanMay »

I'll try to answer "If I want my website on Booking.com and AIRBNB who sorts this out PMP or Free To Book or Booking.com this is what i don't understand."

If you want your website on Airbnb (for example) you set up a listing on Airbnb. It doesn't take long if you already have the info and photos you've set up for your website, but Freetobook or PMP don't do this for you.

Freetobook is a free booking system (with add-ons you buy) which you add to your website and it allows you to take online bookings using Stripe, and gives you a calendar where you set up rates, availability and bookings etc. But, if you are using PMP to take online payments, your PMP calendar will be your "master calendar" and you wouldn't need to use freetobook too.

With one holiday accommodation best to keep things simple. Freetobook offers a Channel Manager which is a way of keeping all the rates / bookings etc synced between the freetobook software and your listings on the OTAs. But the main thing is to to ensure is that you don't get a double booking, and that's where calendar synching, ical comes in useful. You can set up syncing between your PMP master calendar and any OTA calendars you are using using ical. This means if you get a booking the new unavailable dates get updated on all your calendars.