Need some help please

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
website

Need some help please

Post by website »

Hi guys.

I am just starting to take bookings via my website. I haven't had one yet and everyone that had booked up I have know or they are a friend of a friend. But hopefully we will get some enquires via the website as well.

Well I got one yesterday, from a British guy that I am speaking to and sounds genuine.

But like buses I got another one today.

This one is slightly different as the person is from Israel. They have left their address and telephone number but how do I know it is genuine.

Also as a question, if people pay via Paypal how can I be sure money isn't fraudulent and the funds get refunded.

Don't get me wrong, I am really pleased that my website is getting bookings all of a sudden but I am just a little sceptical as this is my first ones and I would like some help.

What do you think?

Thanks guys !

Cheers :D
Ski in Winter - Relax in the Summer
www.banskobulgaria.co.uk
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

I don't think you can ever be certain. However if the booking and payment is taken ahead of time then at least you have the opportunity to rebook if it goes wrong.

Where people book a week at short notice, I ask them to pay on arrival.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
website

Post by website »

Thank you Ciapolin.

I have check the IP address on the emails and they correspond with the country they said they come from.

I will accept payment through Paypal but I think there is a period of time that this can get refunded. The sooner I accept it the better I think !

Had a look at your website, looks great !

Cheers for your comments.

Ryan :D
Ski in Winter - Relax in the Summer
www.banskobulgaria.co.uk
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Thank-you!

I know several people on this forum have had bookings from Israel, so it's not as unusual as you might think. I'm not sure about refund timescales on paypal, but I'm sue someone else will be able to help.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com