Phone and internet connection.

For topics that are specific to Spain, please go here.
costa-brava

Phone and internet connection.

Post by costa-brava »

I'm a bit of a dinosaur and never switched to fibre optic. But Movistar have been chasing us for a couple of months to get changed. There is a project seemingly to do away with all copper lines and all phone exchanges. In the process ADSL will soon be obsolete. Anyway we got our double jabs and let some time pass and let the technician in today. He changed the exterior cable for fibre optic and fitted a new router. He left a mess of boxes and bits of cable but all devices are connected, the phone works and so does the Lan cable connection.
It cost nothing and we're still on the old contract which I'm happy with.
So if you too are a dinosaur you'll need to get fibre optic. I imagine most will already have had it for a couple of years.
Casscat

Post by Casscat »

Getting fibre to my finca is the stuff of dreams :lol: I don't even have ADSL. My domestic internet is a 'line of sight' system and it is pretty reliable, albeit at max 35Mbps download speed. Having just bought a village house for holiday rental, and that small village being cabled for fibre, it was a no-brainer to opt to install. The monthly cost is the same as for my clunky finca internet but the promised download with fibre at the 'little house' is 600Mbps. Wow!! :shock: