Use picture postcards to promote your home

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
rich_sipe

Post by rich_sipe »

Awesome. I think my wife actually got some free business cards from them once and we were happy with them. I will get started seeing what I can do. A quick maybe dumb question, but do your post cards have the address etc lines on the back. From what I have seen from their website it looks like they put them in envelopes. Thanks again.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

My postcards were totally customizable. I uploaded an image for the front page and put some text across the bottom of the image, and the back would have had address lines had I added them. As it was I added a line down the middle of the back of the postcard, a space for a stamp or two, the words "par avion" (airmail in French), and a couple of other little things. It was completely WYSIWYG -- what I added, they added, and no more.

Cheers!
Brooke
Stu

Post by Stu »

We leave half a dozen of our postcards in the gites with a bottle of wine and fresh flowers. They seem to go down a treat. We got ours from Vistaprint, and the quality is brilliant! We've also had fridge magnets, business cards & calendar magnets from them with no complaints whatsoever!
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

I realise this is an ancient topic but I wanted to pass on a tip, having already gained lots of useful information from this site.
We don't do postcards. Instead we do business cards with a photo, using Avery business card blanks, which we order from Viking. They come with software so enable you to set up the layout you want. It means you can print out quantities whenever you need them and you can put your full contact details and website on and vary the text if needed.

We leave a stack on the table in the hall and most guests take some to pass on to friends.
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

Good tip Margaret. I've done these before. The brand I use is Decadry. I much prefer the ones which are perforated (they come out with a smooth edge when you punch them off the sheet). The peel off ones tend to curl up a bit.

http://www.decadry.com/en/default.asp?Country=1 They seem to have some offers on at the mo.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

The Avery ones come out with a smooth edge and the board is quite stiff too!