Spamming Listing sites.

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Big Sis..

Spamming Listing sites.

Post by Big Sis.. »

Im not sure what heading this should be but Ive had a different sort of Spamming sent to me by rentalo.com .

Good Afternoon,

We just received a booking inquiry from Janice Jones who is interested in staying at a Vacation Rental similar to yours in Costa Blanca for 2 adults to stay 8 nights (Ref. 2341179). If you have availability, we would appreciate if you could give us a call so that we may assist you registering your property and sending your offer to Janice Jones as soon as possible.

Optionally, if you wish to send your offer directly to Janice Jones, you can also register your property online at:
http://rentalo.com/web/client/po And then follow our easy, step-by-step tutorials to send your offer to Janice Jones.

Travelers Services
Rentalo.comâ„¢

Its a bit :shock: odd as youd think poor Janice...whose so fallen in love with a property like mine...didnt book said property &/or would be able to contact me or the listing site that she found me on to book directly!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

Two more today ....Just asking me to register and advertise no mention of poor Janice :roll:

I expect that a few of you will have something similar sent....
but be kind . :wink: it is November after all and we all know how hard is it for the Janices of the world to get booked in the peak November weeks...she must be getting desperate..... :wink: :roll:
Last edited by Big Sis.. on Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
debk

Post by debk »

On another rental discussion group, Rentalo is known as the KING of listing site spammers. General recommendation: run, don't walk, away!

(I personally have no experience with Rentalo but I've read many, many emailed complaints.)
debk
maria-g

Post by maria-g »

Why the need to spam? I would think that it will not be hard for them to get holiday home owners to list on their website as they are a big company. Unles they are loosing them.
debk

Post by debk »

Their business model seems to be to collect inquiries and then broadcast them to anyone/everyone who has listed in the area of interest. You receive a copy of all these inquiries from people who may, or may not, be interested in your particular offerings. From what I've read, it can generate a *lot* of superfluous email and very few or, more commonly, no bookings. Again, I have no personal experience... but the yahoo VRBO group has 100s of complaints logged against Rentalo. Just sharing a bit of what I've learned elsewhere in case it's helpful to anyone here.
debk
Big Sis..

scam scam scam

Post by Big Sis.. »

Rentalo has been a big problem with vacation rental owners recently. Many inquiries that dont fit the model. I went and inquired on property using another email address and didn't even get an inquiry or automatic offer for my own rental unit!

Robert
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Royal

Rentalo has been a big problem with vacation rental owners recently. Many inquiries that dont fit the model. I went and inquired on property using another email address and didn't even get an inquiry or automatic offer for my own rental unit!
[/quote]

What a great idea we could all email each others Rental sites [so the emails wouldnt give it away]...with details that would fit our houses to see if were getting good service.... :roll: