No show?

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
garlic

No show?

Post by garlic »

:? I'd love everyones help and opinion with this one, I'm really confused. My guest was supposed to arrive at 5.30 last night. This is a woman on her own and the one I was fretting about before (because she didn't say much). At 8pm we ate our dinner and she still hadn't showed up I had sent her directions a map, gps coordinates, and our phone no's and said any problems to give us a ring. At midnight I gave up and went to bed. No phone call nothing. We just don't know what to do. Do we just wait? We have her English number should we call her number? (bit unsure on this one, flight of fancy but what if she's off on an assignation of some discription and her husband doesn't know)...really not sure what to do...any ideas?
A-two

Re: No show?

Post by A-two »

garlic wrote:We have her English number should we call her number?
Yes, I would call every number you have for her and also send her an email to let her know how concerned you are that she hasn't turned up. Showing you care is never a mistake. I would be equally frantic.
Ju

Post by Ju »

I agree, I think you should ring. If she didn't want you to she wouldn't have given you her phone number.

Ju
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Garlic....All sounds a bit Miss Marple doesnt it... :roll:

Think I would phone the British Number ...Just say is Ms so & so there...amd wait if he/she says shes not..when will she be back...theyll hopefully say Shes on Holiday....and youll be off...ask if she has a mobile no.....
She might even answer....Got delayed change of plan...somethings cropped up...[as shes on her own she can change her mind or alter plans quite easily...without feeling the need to explain..]
She should have told you though..... :evil:

Id ring if you like....[that would confuse everyone] :wink: :roll: :lol:

On another note has she paid all that she should and will you be out of pocket...I know this isnt your primary concern.....
But still....

Please let us know what transpires...
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

[Think we all posted at once]
PS

Do you know if she was hiring a car and who with...I know they shouldnt but if you rang they might say if she picked the car up......If she did the colour and make....

Is your place easy to find...

Have people got lost before....

Im sure she will turn up fine. Maybe the flt was delayed and she stayed near the airport overnight....
CostaBlanca

Post by CostaBlanca »

Garlic,

Phone up and let us know why your quiet mystery lady has not arrived chez toi. Hope she is ok.

Last nite, I also had guests arriving for my friend´s house due around 6pm. I had sent a follow up email last Sunday asking them to reconfirm their arrival time. I had no response but I knew the group leader travelled a good deal but unfortunately got no response from his mobile either. In actual fact, he only arrived back from the US a couple of hours before his flight to Spain. He is quite sure that he sent me an email reply (?) which I never received. Anyway, they did show up a little late and have invited us to dinner so that they could pick our brains on all aspects of purchasing a property here on the Costas :)
Maria
garlic

Post by garlic »

Thanks all, just needed a bit of reasurance that calling was the right thing to do...So we've just called our mystery guest in England and she answered the phone and the conversation went like this:
Us: Hello Mrs X I think you are supposed to be here visiting us in France?
Mrs X: No I'm arriving on Saturday
Us: Your booking form and all our correspondance says the 9th Nov
Mrs X: Oh dear, oh dear my flights, I'll call you back
Ok this is a slightly abridged form of the conversation
Some short time later phone rings:
Mrs X: My flights are ok I'm so sorry can I still come on Saturday :oops:

I'm very relieved that she is OK and that it's just a silly mistake but a bit peeved because I'll have heated the house for an extra three days which makes me sound a bit mean but I gave her a huge discount because she was just one person and because of the season and really the cost of the heating is going to munch considerably into the teensy bit of profit I was going to make. The house was spotless yesterday but no doubt I'll feel like I have to mop the floors again tomorrow because I just love the house to smell spotless so it's even more work and I hung around all evening yesterday waiting for her and now have to do the same tomorrow. Urrgh wee rant, no I'm just relieved she's fine :)
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Thats OK then Garlic... :D

Alls well....Bit annoying for you though...She sounds like shes on my wavelength. :oops: :wink: .
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

It is good that she's OK, but I totally understand your annoyance about the extra heating charges! I did a discount for a couple last year who rented my 3 bed house in February, thinking that they would only use the heating in one bedroom, not all three. When they arrived, they switched on every radiator in the house, had the open fire lit and required 2 gas heaters as they were use to having their central heating at home on at 25°c constantly. Since then I have decided to charge heating as an extra and not include it in the rent. People want to pay peanuts in winter and I'd rather not let than make a loss as I did for this particular week earlier in the year.
I hope everything goes OK for you when she eventually gets there!!
debk

Post by debk »

Oh, Garlic, please don't feel mean. Of course you are relieved that she is ok. And of course you are frustrated at the hours of extra time this will require on your part, not to mention heating costs.

Hopefully, though, she will have a wonderful time, you'll hit it off and everything will end well, with new friends made and some positive word-of-mouth to boot!
debk
chrismooney

Post by chrismooney »

i'm tempted to make up a sign above our property saying

"we are a business not a charity"

in the tone of b.fawlty...then everyone knows where we are coming from.....and if they think we are mean....so be it!!!
chef who will try anything!!