Orange Home Consults?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
Chalky

Orange Home Consults?

Post by Chalky »

Here's an almost plausible request (except that Helen B thinks there is nothing plausible about it):

Subject: BOOKING
To: xxxxxxxxx

DEAR SIR/MADAM, I'M THE DIRECTOR OF ORANGE HOME CONSULTS, BASED IN GLASGOW.WE HAVE A PROGRAMME IN YOUR COUNTRY AND WILL BE SENDING DELEGATES TO YOUR PLACE. PLEASE, KINDLY MAKE RESERVATIONS FOR 4 GUEST. 2 DOUBLE ROOM, FROM THE 1ST OF DEC TO THE 8TH OF DEC.AND FORWARD A COMPREHENSIVE BILL FOR THE PERIOD SO THAT A CREDIT CARD WILL BE ISSUED TO YOU FOR BOOKING AND IMMEDIATE PAYMENT. THANKS FOR YOUR ANTICIPATED COOPERATION PROGRAMME DIRECTOR Mr.Scott Lawson ORANGE HOME CONSULTS. 29BR, Dalmarnock Rd, Rutherglen, Glasgow, Lanarkshire G73 1BL phone :+447031851535

It's a shame neither BT nor Yell.co.uk have any record of any such person/organisation at that address. :roll:
Last edited by Chalky on Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chalky

Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Nothing plausible about it at all.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

The all caps would do it for me. It's such bad netiquette that I would probably grimace at responding to even a genuine inquiry that was shouting at me! :)
Brooke
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

bad netiquette
Like it :lol: :lol:
Vally

Post by Vally »

caps...+delegates...+full payment...+ scam!!!
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

SCAM !!!! The English language is poor and doesn't "fit" the name,amongst everything else . A phrase including "barge pole " springs to mind :wink:
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Sorry, Chalky, I've had so many of these recently, that I don't even contemplate that any of them might be genuine.
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

HelenB wrote:Sorry, Chalky, I've had so many of these recently, that I don't even contemplate that any of them might be genuine.
I didn't think it was genuine either; I just thought it was a little better than average.
Chalky