14 year old dog

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

garlic wrote:I have a wiemarana too He's definitely not small. :) Dog owners may think I'm hard but not only is he not allowed on the furniture full stop, he's not actually allowed upstairs to our sitting room. And anyway dogs lick their bottoms :oops:
Oh Garlic, a girl after my own heart our Heidi is not allowed upstairs either. When she was a puppy I was determined she would not lick our faces and trained her not to, whenever any friends let her I would say 'please don't let her do that, she does lick her bits you know', they soon stopped and Heidi soon stopped trying. Also I am very proud that she uses her own toilet area in the garden too, people can't believe she doesn't wee on the lawn at all, took some training but got there in the end and I never had to worry about the kids or their friends falling in dog poo in the garden. :lol:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Topcat

Dogs in inappropriate places

Post by Topcat »

This is probably more for Cafe, but I know Ros will like this one and it does follow on.

When I was working in Cornwall some years ago I went out to visit a student on work placement in a day nursery. This was being held in some sort of community centre. On the wall I spied a notice about dog training classes. I asked about it, and was told cheerfully that the dt classes were in the morning, and the nursery was just in the afternoon. The tots were not at tables, but were crawling about the floor playing with bricks, paints etc. on exactly the same area that dogs had been sitting. (On top of that I noticed that the door to the kitchen was left wide open, and beyond that the door to the car park was also open.) When I very gently queried this I was told that all the children had dogs at home, so what was the difference.

Strange ideas!

Pauline
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Pauliner,

The tots were not at tables, but were crawling about the floor playing with bricks, paints etc. on exactly the same area that dogs had been sitting. (On top of that I noticed that the door to the kitchen was left wide open, and beyond that the door to the car park was also open.) When I very gently queried this I was told that all the children had dogs at home, so what was the difference.
It makes you think doesnt it. :? Not all children do have Dogs and as has been discussed on here what about allergies and Hygeine...
but I think Id be more worried about the doors being left open......Especially as its sounds like a Nursery where children are left in their 'care'[which seems to be lacking]....Wonder what Ofsted would make of it...My P&T has the parents still there....but Im responsible for there safety and wellbeing.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Before we moved to France, we had a B+B in Kent. As we have three dogs, we were always wary of accepting guests with dogs. However, we had an enquiry from a girl who wanted to bring her dog for 'a weekend of therapy massage' and we were so intrigued, we decided to accept. She arrived with a ghostly-looking white greyhound with parchment-thin skin.

Of course, it was a disaster. Nephew was issued with strict instructions not to open the kitchen door (where the dogs slept) but what 12-year old ever listens to anything an adult says. Upshot was that he left the door open, our terrier spotted Parchment and they had a set-to. Parchment was left bleeding, we took her and owner to the vet and ended up paying about three times what the booking was worth to patch Parchment up.

Only the terrier came out of the disaster with a smirk on his face.

Jim
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

'a weekend of therapy massage' and we were so intrigued,
Well was the therapy for the Lady or the Dog????
ghostly-looking white greyhound with parchment-thin skin.
If it was the dog he probably had to have a second weeks therapy to get over this weeks...... :wink: :roll: :cry:
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Jimbo wrote:Only the terrier came out of the disaster with a smirk on his face.Jim
Harrowing story Jimbo; even so, loved the punch line - :)
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Ros wrote:
Well was the therapy for the Lady or the Dog????
For the dog. It was a full-blown canine version of the 'horse-whispering' thing. A canine-therapy business had set up close by and we had visions of profiting from guests who brought their dogs for the weekend and sat with them in a circle humming and chanting mantras.

Of course, as any owner will tell you, terriers have their own agenda. We paid dearly for not involving ours in the planning for the venture at an early stage.

Jim
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi All :D
please confirm me the price and if you aceepted a dog (very well educated). If yes pl send me the details for booking, Thanks and best regaeds,
A very well educated dog Eh.........Do you think I ought to address the email to him/her then....Do you reckon hes at university or having a 'Yap Year'...... :roll: :lol:
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Ros wrote:.Do you reckon hes at university or having a 'Yap Year'...... :roll: :lol:
Nice one Ros! :lol:
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
brenda

Post by brenda »

Made the mistake of accepting a 14 year old dog a couple of years ago - was promised that they would bring a kennel for it to sleep on the terrace. Never again! The poor thing was obviously unnerved at being in a strange environment, couldn´t cope with the heat outside so had to go into the room with its owners, was incontinent in both the bedroom and bathroom and reeked to high Heaven. I had to give the following booking our own bedroom as it took me three weeks to get rid of the lingering doggy smell after they left and there was noway anyone could have stayed in it in the interim.
Vally

Post by Vally »

Mine was a bad experience like that, leading to the banning of dogs, a collie ...should have known better , always slept on its own blanket ...yeah right...never went on furniture...etc..didn't mess in the room though so that was lucky, but it was moulting when it came and we could not get rid of the hair, it was only a room , but we had to shut it down and just keep hoovering and hoovering until it came clean.....the funny thing was they rang a couple of years later to come again , and I said I was sorry but we no longer take dogs ... they thought it meant everyone else but not them... :oops: no I didn't tell them they were the reason
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

This probably doesn't help Rosario with her initial question, but why is it always "small, well-behaved dogs" (and their owners) who want to stay in holiday cottages/villas, etc? Where do all the "big, badly-behaved dogs" go on holiday?
enid

Post by enid »

[quote]And anyway dogs lick their bottoms[/quote

:D :D :D :D

Put it in the contract - we cannot take any bottom lickers in our property
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Where do all the "big, badly-behaved dogs" go on holiday?
Probably with all the ' unsensible badly behaved immature teenagers'

As the only ones wanting to come to my houses are..sensible...wellbehaved...Mature..Teenagers :roll: :lol: :lol: