Late Balance

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

...or a dangle! :wink:

and you certainly shouldn't let your dongle dangle near your dingle....oh er missus! :lol:
Have a good un Love Rosx
You too Ros.... and thanks for giving me lots of big smiles this year :lol:

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
gh

Post by gh »

Ros wrote:Not to be confused with a dingle :wink:
As a Hendrix fan, 'dingle/ing definately not to be confused :P

Fiona V, we too were wondering 'how long' to give enquirers 'till we get the cheque after this happened.

We took a booking recently and the enquirer said they had posted the deposit cheque :) , the cheque didn't arrive :cry: , we mailed and said such to them for different dates, they then said, 'oh yes we paid for the ferry and have to wait till we get paid to send the cheque'. :?

Ok we said :roll: , appreciate early December to pay could over stretch them, but why say 'posted' they then sent a scaned copy of their deposit cheque :) . Never arrived after 12 days :cry: , in which time we received a further deposit cheque from Jersey :) , who enquired a week later than them. End of story we received their cheque :D , stamped by PO as recorded delivery, sent 21 days earlier posted through our letter box 'without the require signature'.

They are from Ireland, I can hear Susan now saying 'oh no not Irish' we'll see how it goes, only 5 names on the booking form, we take 9 comfortably.
Davy P @ CCA

Post by Davy P @ CCA »

Racism raises its ugly head on 'Lay my hat'?
Attention to detail
gh

Post by gh »

Davy P @ CCA why do you say that?
:evil:
I am not 'Raciest' and refute what you have said and expect a FULL APPOLOGIE on forum.

I was stating 'fact'. Deposit has been received from others after 'said' person sent deposit. Is it my fault that HM 'PO' is inadequate?

I have sent you a PM.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I recently Had a lady 'send' me a deposit[postal orders]..she said she didnt have a chq book :roll: .

After about a week I contacted her and said I hadnt received them
Oh No she says I will go straight to the Post Office and sort it out......Many emails and phone calls later without reply
[I was really concerned for the Lady as I thought she had had them pinched.... :roll: ]

Another week later still nothing
I at last managed to get through to her and she said she had decided not to book after all........

After I sent her a semisnotty email...she came back with I definitely sent the original chq[thought it was Postal orders?]...
yeah right....
But when I went to resend it decided to read the Pool Rules again and had second thoughts....yeah doubly right

So then she got the reallysnotty email........ :evil: .

Its all a learning process.....[luckily noone enquired for those dates while they were being held] :roll:

This is the email I got.....
I have just come in and seen all of your emails i do apologise as I can only access my mail twice a week. Yesterday there was a very bad line and you called on private number so i wans't able to call you back.

Just to clarify i didn't send the cheque the second time as i re-read the pool rules and dedcided against it but orignially i was definatley going through with the booking process.

Many thanks for all your help.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Not a late balance, but a late (or non-appearing) deposit I'm currently awaiting. Started on Dec 3rd with an unusually impersonal inquiry, to which I responded promptly and helpfully. Perhaps overly so? Anyway, on the 11th, the chap did deign to email, saying they would like to book and that he'd complete the paperwork.

Rien!

On Dec 22nd, I sent a nice little chaser email of the "it may be down to an overstretched postal system, but I thought I should just mention that the paperwork has not yet arrived" sort. No email in reply yet - and I have a feeling there won't be either!

The booking was for the first week in Sept; let's just hope I get a booking for 2 weeks, or better still, 3 weeks instead! :D

He was bringing two elderly ladies with him.

Probably both incontinent.
Last edited by Giddy Goat on Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

A couple of times before when someone had 'supposedly' sent the deposit....

I resend the Postal address[just to make sure theyd sent it to the right one :wink: ]
but alter it slightly[like Gorleston- on -Sea ] or add My Middle initial on
And guess what when the chq thats been 'stuck' in the post arrives it invariably has the NEW address/initials on

Trouble is you know now youve got someone who fibs booking the houses but at least it makes you keep a closer eye on them...
[which is what happened when I cancelled someone earlier....Im a bit like Judge Judy once you Fib/lie to me thats it....your credibility goes] :evil:

I
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

GoodMorning GG....
are you getting excited only one more sleep...... :wink:
He was bringing two elderly ladies with him.

Probably both incontinent.

In what sort of Continent??????

Serously though people do faff about at times but you like to give them the benefit ......mind you if you get the chance of another booking youll have to go for it...

Especially now you have your Bees knees/Cat Pyjamas
website now youll be beating them off with sticks...... :wink: :roll: :lol:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Cat Pyjamas
For gods sake GG please tell me you have NO MENTION of cats on your exciting new site!!!!???? :shock: :shock: Pyjamas or otherwise!?

Mouse (who's now afraid to look!)
X
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

I forgot To add the Dogs Doo Dahs.......

[Are you OK with Dogs Mouse????]
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Mouse wrote: For gods sake GG please tell me you have NO MENTION of cats on your exciting new site!!!!???? Mouse (who's now afraid to look!) X
Yes, you're right Ros, there are the occasional dogs doo-dahs about as there are no fences and the neighbour's dogs, who travel as a team, are often to be seen there in their role of supplementary caretakers. But no cats. Mice of all colours are welcome, but I'm afraid you can only be entertained out of doors while guests are in res. For some bizarre reason, many humans are prone to jump onto furniture at the first glimpse. They're just being protective of their personal space I guess... :?
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Sorry Im confusing people NFTFT... :oops:

My expressions Of Bees Knees,Cats Pyjamas[or whiskers] and Dogs Doo Dahs [Bo***cks] are all meant as Terms of greatness..
ie the website is Perfecto.......

Its the...BK...or Its the CP...or Its the DB......are all terms we use for saying it cant be bettered...... :wink: :roll: :lol:
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

[Are you OK with Dogs Mouse????]
Delightful creatures :D Ros...I can run rings round them!
I'm afraid you can only be entertained out of doors while guests are in res.
I'm at my best outdoors GG....and I promise not to peek on those humans....I've heard (word of mouse don't you know :D ) that they're such noisy things with big feet.. :shock:

Mouse
x
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Hooves and paws are much more aesthetically pleasing, Mouse.
Speaking of hooves, where's Mountain Goat?? :(
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Speaking of hooves, where's Mountain Goat??
Yeah Letsbyavenue Mountie we miss yaXXX