Scam or not? Advice appreciated.

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
debk

Post by debk »

Bad English as well is a giveaway
Oh, my, I'm sorry, but I'll politely disagree with this. Almost half of our guests speak English as a second language (and some not even that well) and their inquiries reflect such. But they are wonderful guests nonetheless!
debk
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Debk :D

I didnt mean Bad English on its own but combined with the other factors...Didnt mean to cause offence ....

I know how hard it is to learn another Language so I know I would struggle to correspond in it....
But the fact is most of the scam emails Ive received have been badly written...
As Paolo says the names at the beginning are a clue as well...
debk

Post by debk »

Didnt mean to cause offence
Gracious, Ros, takes much more than that to offend me. (but you can have fun trying, if you like! :lol:)

I just didn't want new VRowners to discount everyone who struggles to compose a decent sentence in English. As you said, it would have to be 'combined with the other factors.'

That's all. Probably just proclaiming the obvious. One of my skills, I fear. :roll:
debk
Eileen2

Post by Eileen2 »

Thanks for your encouraging words Ros,

When I was accepting my bookings for this year I was blissfully unaware of scam enquiries. Oh such sweet ignorance. :lol:

Now that I've spread the word of the villa on a lot more websites and forums I am now receiving more enquiries from overseas. I do not like to be suspicious but the Romanian has made me a little paranoid!

Yep I cannot wait until I've got to grips with this property letting business and relax a little, but one thing for sure is the help from this forum is invaluable. :D
Davy P @ CCA

Post by Davy P @ CCA »

Just reading the topic headings in this 'scam' section of the website sent me into hysterics. My wife had to come in to see what had me laughing like a drain!
Attention to detail
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Goodday,
I will like to make an enqiry about your hotel, i will lik to know if there is still some rooms avaailbe from the 15-28 of december 2005, i will like to make an enquiry to that and can i know your mode of payment? and i will also like to have some details about the room
Hope to hear from you soon
Mark Hillard
Thats Handy :o :wink:
last time we were in Spain Im sure we had houses
since weve been gone we know have a Hotel
stay away much longer we could have a MANSION :wink: :roll: :lol:

He doesnt sound much like a Mark Hillard does he... :roll: