oh my god!!!!!! 1st ever enquiry

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Foxandsot

oh my god!!!!!! 1st ever enquiry

Post by Foxandsot »

Hello Everyone

I've just had my first ever enquiry for our villa. Next august for 2 weeks!!

I've just called them (taking on board LMH advice and building a rapport with client!!) and he sounded lovely. I'm trying not to get too excited, it's only an enquiry after all.

Our changeover day is supposed to be on a saturday but the dates he is interested in is either a Sunday or Tuesday??? Would you not bother pointing that out and just be grateful for a booking????

I tried my best at selling our villa and have told him I will follow it up with an email, am I doing okay so far!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm soooo excited!! :D

Michelle
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Michelle, :D

Well done, :wink:
weve just had quite a few postings about this.....
Most of us would not commit to midweek changeovers in August especially this far ahead it can really mess up your other booking[and they will come]
:lol:
ps look under Garlics Awkward booking....on Bookings
Last edited by Big Sis.. on Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Michelle, why not persuade him to go for a Sunday booking,and that may not mess up your other enquiries too much.Well done on the first enquiry, I hope it's the first of many.
:D
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Well done! Why not offer him the Sunday to 2 weeks later on the Saturday and either charge full price or a small discount off the full 2 week price( he would only be missing one day!).You will get Sat - Sat in August and it could mess you up otherwise. Good luck :wink:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Are there probs with flights to Cyprus? I shouldn't have thought so , especially in August ? If he can only get Sun or Tues then that's a problem you will have with lots of people ?
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Hey - well done Michelle!

and good advice from Fraise.
We went with all sorts of dates in our first year and had no problem filling the villa - people just looked at the dates available and booked around them. We had the odd day free but to be honest we were glad about that as it gave us a breather - given our lack of experience. However the second year we mainly went with Sat to Sat...again not by choice - its just the way people booked.
This year however I have turned down two sunday to sunday holidays (cheaper flights) as we already had 3 weeks booked by the end of this August and they were saturday to saturday which we obviously have to follow.

There are so many things you learn from your first year renting - and theres nothing so exciting as having someone compliment you on your place whilst saying they've had a fabulous holiday!

Enjoy!

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Angel

Post by Angel »

Are there probs with flights to Cyprus?
Yes. Ajet (previously Helios) has recently cancelled all flights, making it horrendous for those who'd booked over the christmas, new year period. There's hardly any flights to Larnaca during the winter.

Most flights are Wednesdays and Sundays, leaving a nasty 3-4 day gap if you're not careful.

Please, easyJet, fly to Cyprus!

And well done Michelle!
cc

Post by cc »

Angel, if people can only get to you on sundays and wednesdays due to airline schedules then they should be your changeover days.
The French crowd can be reached by car and the airlines fly every day to Spain so saturday to saturday is OK. It sounds to me that you have to adapt to the airline schedules.
Foxandsot

Post by Foxandsot »

I didn't think about flights as we always fly scheduled from Heathrow and they fly every day. The guy did mention flying with First Choice so I should look up what days charter flights come into Larnaca!

We've go so much to learn! :oops: What else haven't I thought about!

Thanks so much for pointing it out to me.

Michelle
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

My friend had a hard time booking flights to Cyprus for the last half-term. She wanted Saturday to Saturday but just couldn't find them (at any price) and ended up taking Sunday to Sunday.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Isn't LMH a mine of info? Having a property in France means that people can easily get to us but it's so different if you are flight dependant.The airline schedules must play an important part in how you decide to take your bookings.Quite an eye opener :idea:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
LaLuz

Post by LaLuz »

You're right Fraise, and I was just thinking back to the pre Easyjet days when everyone in a particular area would have the same changeover day.

Saturday/Tuesday to Majorca, Thursday to Lanzarote etc etc - and the prices? I'd balk now at the prices I paid for flights 7 or 8 years ago!

How quickly I'd forgotten!!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi All,

Your right of course Fraise the flights are key...Were very lucky as were between Murcia and Alicante and the 'world and his wife' fly every day into Alicante....
Angel

Post by Angel »

That's the one thing I regret about buying in Cyprus... the flights. I got a flight next month for under £100 but have to fly into Paphos in the west. It's over two hours to drive over to my place in the east - not what you want after a 4 and a half hour flight.

Larnaca is in the middle - it's less than an hour from there. Some flights stop at Paphos and then fly on to Larnaca, but it's not worth hanging around waiting for the plane to take off again.

And you can imagine the chaos at the airports with so many flights on Wednesdays and Sundays. There's a massive expansion programme for both airports which might help but we do really need more flights at better prices.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Marion

Do you find the BA flights expensive into Larnaca? We've found them quite competitive.

You could try digging out any friend/acquaintance who works for BA and ask them about their HotLine ticket concessions; shouldn't matter where they are based, just that they're a current staff member. Strictly for personal and non-commercial use by the way.

PM for advice!

MG